• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CPF Modder's "Yellow Pages"

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Photon Fiends,

After an extended break, I am back to modding. I now have a metal lathe that I can use for making small parts, and doing minor modifications.

Production LED Flashlight MODS:
I will upgrade your production flashlight** with a modern LED for $50. (If you supply your own LED and proper MCPCB, deduct $10.) This includes return First Class shipping (within the Continental U.S.). Delivery Confirmation is included when using PayPal.
*This does not include SureFire lights. I do not offer SureFire mod services at this time.
*Titanium lights are not included in the Production LED Flashlight Mods Pricing. Please see Custom LED Flashlight Mods below

Custom LED Flashlight MODS:
I will upgrade your McGizmo PD, Mirage Man, Tranquility Base, or other custom flashlight with a CREE XM-L, CREE XP-G or Nichia 119/219 LED for $80. (If you supply your own LED and proper MCPCB, deduct $10.) This includes return First Class shipping (within the Continental U.S.). Delivery Confirmation is included when using PayPal. A current boost is offered on the McGizmo PD series lights for $5, when upgrading the LED.

*I can also upgrade the McGizmo LS20/27, or Spy005/007 with a CREE XM-L, CREE XP-G or Nichia 219 LED for $100. Additional modifications are possible with both the LunaSol 20 and 27.

Light Engines:
I can build custom light engines to your specifications, using nearly any LED or driver board that you are interested in (assuming that the driver board can fit into the light engine can). Example: Aleph light engine with GD1000 and U2 XM-L LED $99. Aleph light engine with GDuP 3-level driver, 20mA, 180mA, 1200mA (stock levels) and U2 XM-L LED $139. Aleph light engine with custom programmed GDuP 3-level driver (you specify current of all 3 levels) and U2 XM-L LED $149. Aleph light engine with AMC7135 1400mA and U2 XM-L LED $99. Mule light engines are my specialty!

Odd MODS:
There are a few lights that I enjoy modding simply because they are so much fun to work on. If you own a Pentagon Light Molle, or Princeton Tec EOS, I will upgrade your light with a CREE or Nichia LED for $35. (The Molle will also get a mineral glass lens to replace the plastic lens at no additional charge.) This includes return First Class shipping (within the Continental U.S.). Delivery Confirmation is included when using PayPal.

Please note: Heavy lights (13 ounces, or more) will be subject to an additional shipping upcharge for Priority Mail service. Priority Mail service, insurance, International Mail service, or other shipping options are available for any flashlight at an additional cost. Mailings other than Domestic First Class and Priority Mail service will be done on Saturday only. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have some other interesting light that you would like modded, just ask! I can also install driver boards, reflectors, glass lenses and improve heatsinking. Vintage Ray-O-Vacs, Boy Scout anglehead lights, weird e-Bay finds, or your grandfathers no-name flashlight are all able to be modded if they are in suitable condition.

If interested in any of the above mentioned services, please contact me by PM, or e-mail at datilderek (AT) gmail (DOT) com. Please be sure to include your CPF user name when contacting me by e-mail.

Thanks for looking.

datiLED

Spy 007 with Nichia 219
100_5108.jpg

100_5110.jpg

McLux PDIII Mule (with custom heatsink that I turned on my lathe) and PDIII reflectored light. Both were modified with a Nichia 219 LED.
100_4742.jpg

Close-up of the Mule heatsink and Nichia 219 LED.
100_4743.jpg

XM-L in S27 Cx2, XM-L in LunaSol 27, XP-G in LunaSol 20.
100_2227.jpg

Light engine builds.
100_3593R.jpg

P7_LE001-1.jpg

P7_LE003-1.jpg

If interested in any of the above mentioned services, please contact me by PM, or e-mail at datilderek(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Please be sure to include your CPF user name when contacting me by e-mail.

Thanks for looking.

datiLED

Last edited:

Ganp

Enlightened
I am happy to make custom parts for any light if it is within my capabilities.
I will NOT modify lights - I would hate to spoil a prized possession. I prefer to make a new part, or whole light, instead.
Please PM me if you think I can help.

IMG_6416.jpg

Colin.

Last edited:

Nite

Enlightened
Re: CPF Modder's

I am a newbie..and as such I simply supply the parts you may need for basic beginner light building using SF Lego parts.

I have the bodies and extensions that will allow you to use many of the Custom mods sold here in CPF and CPFM.

P1010321.jpg

You buy the parts you need from me and build it yourself.

I am simply making the Famous FiveMega products that you need and want so badly available.

Coming up though I shall soon be selling Other FiveMega products, not just bodies and Extensions...But partial and complete FM lights! Stay Tuned. I have gotten many requests for an AA sized body or light be built using SF C heads, and these will soon be available.

I also have a few parts you may need to finish off your light such as holsters, heads and tails, etc.

Extensions are here, bodies in my sig.

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CPF Modder's

I can do LED swaps on several popular lights, and I'd always like to try more.

My speciality is replacing cool emitters with warm emitters.

I offer Neutral LED Mods here

Cree Mod: $36 shipped to USA
SSC Mod: $40 shipped to USA
GDP Mod: Price to be determined

Contact me via PM if you are interested in a led swap.

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened
Cheap Aspheric Lenses ->https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/227073

I have a few big projects on the go so I'm ordering parts in bulk. I hope to be able to sell my spares at near-cost to the CPF community. Things I hope to be able to sell in the future:
Aspheric Lenses
Buck-Boost driver 2.7-5.5Vin Constant 1A out
IP67 2-wire, 5A connectors

kz1000s1

Enlightened
No longer doing mods.

Hello! :wave:

I"ve been doing mods since I joined this forum over 6 years ago,
now I need to put my hobby to work to pay some bills.

Services available:

For the Energizer 1xAA (the Target light)
1. Switch mod to cure the "hair trigger" action
of the stock switch.

2. LED upgrades from the original Cree XR-C to a Cree
XR-E with a higher bin. I currently have no LED's in stock,
so either you can provide one, or I may be able to order one
for you.

3. LED upgrades from the original Cree XR-C to a Cree
MC-E. I currently have no LED's in stock, so either you
can provide one, or I may be able to order one for you.

For the C and D cell Maglite.

Seoul P7 mods. 2C with 1 x 18650 battery, 3C on 3 x C NiHm,
2D on 3 x C NiHm, 3D 3 x D NiHm.

D2Flex driver board installation and Mag momentary switch
mods also available.

Dave

kz1000s1 AT hotmail DOT com

Last edited:

AaronM

Enlightened
My actual profession as a deep sea merchant seafarer prevents me from being available as much as I'd like...I'm not on land for about half the year.

But when I'm around, I do very clean, simple, effective and reliable MC-E mods to Surefire L4s, L2s and other E-series lights. I aim to make my mods as the manufacturer would have had they the tech at the time it came out.

Also, I'm all for expanding my repertoire, so dare to challenge me and my new mill.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey all,

Just curious who is still up to building Aleph light engines? Some of the old timers aren't around so much or aren't accepting work at this time. I would like to discuss a LE/reflector combo and have Mirage Man build a Ti head for it. :wave:

nbp

Flashaholic
Member datiLED makes beautiful Aleph LEs.

I know, I have had several respected machinists recommend him but his sig line says he's not taking requests right now.. suppose I can just wait, unless someone else pops up.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Member datiLED makes beautiful Aleph LEs.

I know, I have had several respected machinists recommend him but his sig line says he's not taking requests right now.. suppose I can just wait, unless someone else pops up.

:eek:oo: ... I hope that's temporary :eek:

Might also check with vinhnguyen54 ? You might need to source the "e-can" for him, though :thinking:

Last edited: