CPF UK Meet 2015

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

As Jamiroquai would say, Deeper underground?

Cheap stuff. Zooming coloured torches. A McGizmo lookalike. A 26650/18650 zooming torch. Had a hard day so I needed a little light therapy!

Light therapy is very effective. Your day must have given you a bought of SAD (Shiny Aglow Deficiency) which you have quickly treated with the recommended therapy.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Peter said something about Wales or somewhere else. I'm waiting for my Eagletac T25C2 to arrive. Small light with a bit of throw. I am in definite need of some light therapy.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

Been practicing my anodizing on a DQG capsule. I'll have to get the DQG Titanium Hobi torch and do this to it now. Looks better than this in real life.

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
After playing at anodizing with a bank of fourteen 9volt batteries all plugged into each other and liking the results I decided to splash out on a proper 0-120v regulated bench power supply so if you want anything anodized..... I'm the man.
Also, because it only takes seconds, I could even do it at a meet as long as A:We have a mains socket and B: you do the prep. ( Cleaning the item )

Tofty

Enlightened
Nice anodising work.

So, the plan for the next meet is camping in Wales, which I'm really up for, but has anything else been formalised yet?
We'll want to go before the weather becomes absolutely awful in that part of the world, so probably no later than September, I would have thought.
Has a specific or general area been decided upon? I think I remember the border being mentioned, as well as caves and aqueducts by Peter.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a new toy Eagletac T25C2 XP-L HI
451641a3-2fb4-4aef-a1d9-1d03c32d29e7.jpg

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found this:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/see-and-do/routes/chirk-to-llangollen

Basically, Chirk canal tunnel appears to be the last canal you can walk through on the towpath? (TBA) and is near the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct - both of which are worth seeing.)

The walk would be about 9 miles and we could ferry ourselves with cars at start and finish - how about that ?????

I'm doing more research...

BTW - Pontcysyllte is pronounced pont-ka-sugh-tay, with emphasis on the ugh!

This could be interesting. Walking similar to North Devon.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could be interesting. Walking similar to North Devon.

Yep, I'd love to do this one - I must check for campsites nearby or cheap hotels...

I will come back with info.

BTW - I have some ideas for the next CPF UK photo for next time - useful items and free gifts for attendees!!!!!

remoteneeded

Newly Enlightened
I will be driving past Chirk on Friday so I can easily stop and do a recee. Camping will probably be closer to Llangollen which isn't far away.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Mr Remoteneeded.

Thanteneeded...

I must hurry up and buy that camp bed!

I presume we are thinking out of season but still warm - so, early September time?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea, but it might be a touch too far for me in two ways. It is looking like a 5 hour drive away, but perhaps more importantly, I'm not sure my dodgy hips, knees and ankles will allow for a 9 mile walk.

Was that 9 miles, the length of the tunnel, or the round trip if we went through it and back again?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is definitely a long drive! But looks really worth it!

Apparently it is possible to cycle it instead of walk - though I'm not sure how I'd cope cycling 126 feet above a valley on a towpath four feet wide with a waist height handrail one side and the cold canal the other - IN THE DARK?????????

I'd much rather walk it.

It is nine miles one way - we would have to position cars at the beginning and at the end for a relay back to starting point.

Or we could do the two tunnels during the day, and the Aqueduct at night? That way it breaks it up. - But we'd miss the views to be had by day.