CR123 Batteries in Canada

amph1bius

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've been having trouble ordering batteries from an international source and even the ones from amondotech i think have stopped in customs. Where do you get your CR123 batteries from in Canada? What brand do you guys recommend? What is the going current rating for these batteries? And is there a difference between CR123 and CR123A

Thanks

gunga

Flashaholic
Dave's surplus has Surefire CR123's for $3 in New West (close to Vancouver, BC).

http://www.davesarmysurplus.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=40&products_id=875

I am using some old ones I had hanging around and also a tenergy I got at battery junction.

CR123 and CR123A are the same from what I've read. Just different nomenclature depending on the brand (I believe). I think Duracell likes to call em DR123 or something...

Retinator

Enlightened
Lebaron (walk in) seems reasonable for 123a's. I think they're around $ 5.50 for a pair of Streamlight brand. They should have other brands (Energizer etc..).

None of my lights are 123a, but I may take the plunge soon.

Any ideas why they are so expensive in large retail stores (Walmart, Best buy etc...)?

Maybe their profit margins are tight for most things and they nail you on consumables. They always make you pay for the little things especially if you NEED them...dirty *******s.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's strange... I ordered 3 times lithium batteries from USA and never had any problem with customs. 16 Energizer CR123 from Fenix-Store, 24 SureFire CR123 from OpticsHQ with an L1 order and 20 AA Energizer Lithium from eBay (from USA).

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I've been having trouble ordering batteries from an international source and even the ones from amondotech i think have stopped in customs. Where do you get your CR123 batteries from in Canada? What brand do you guys recommend? What is the going current rating for these batteries? And is there a difference between CR123 and CR123A

Thanks

Also, are you sure your order from Amondotech actually shipped? They have been bought and their website is down since a few days... Did you have a tracking number? For how long have you been waiting?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pick them up at Lebarons They also have mailorder. J2LED is another great place to get them and a couple of great owners as well.
I went to Lebaron (Merivale) on Saturday and they are out of stock on all affordable CR123 cells. Apparently they've been out of stock for awhile.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Hello,

Thanks

I've ordered from Batterystation.com several times without any issue. Even with shipping charges, it still ends up being way cheaper than buying them at any store... Last I checked, Walmart wanted $15+ for 2 energiser CR123's... And I'm in Ontario, Canada.

savumaki

Enlightened
I've bought quite a few rechargeables from AW and throwaways I always buy on ebay in small batches; 10 or less and I have received good value.

I think the trick is to keep the value around $30.00 and it doesn't seem to wave red flags.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reviving an old thread. Now that USPS won't ship lithium batteries anymore internationally, what are the new sources for CR123A batteries in Canada? I also have a preference for US made CR123A.

Thanks!

Slipstream7733

Newly Enlightened
Reviving an old thread. Now that USPS won't ship lithium batteries anymore internationally, what are the new sources for CR123A batteries in Canada? I also have a preference for US made CR123A.

Thanks!

ASP batteries through MD Charlton is a great place. Independent study has the at taking 84 mins to go from 3.0V to 1.5V. Nearest competitor battery was Duracell at 77 mins. The energy density is 1700 mAh as compared to the industry standard 1500 mAh.