*****CRAIG GETTING EVICTED????*****

Mutie

Enlightened
Re: *****CRAIG MOVED TWO DAYS AGO!!!!*****

Best of luck at your new home Craig. Overall it sounds like this will be way better than where you were. Hopefully as you get unpacked some of the stuff will show up that went missing while you were in the hospital.

Mutie

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: *****CRAIG MOVED ON THE 10th!!!!*****

Well, I got as much moved out of my old residence today as I could get, then I had to turn my keys in. No choise in the matter there.

I had to leave behind my upright coin-op arcade video game, most of my collection of glass and porcelain insulators (the most rare or valuable ones were saved), one of my insulator books, one of my two Boogie Lights message boards, the Brite Brush, a neon wall clock, all of my Mariners memorabilia (posters, balls, gloves, hats, jacket, etc.), some vintage computers & disk drives, at least two PCs, a Commodore 1902 monitor, two or three Halloween lamps, several sets of Forever Bright LED Christmas lights, a CD stereo with speakers and three CDs still in the carousel, two porcelain things I got in the early 1990s when I was a bartender, two ghetto blasters (I believe one has a CD still in it), a portable dishdoucher, all of my VCRs, at least one component stereo (amp and speakers), all of my CB radios, a couple of small boxes with money (change) in them, at least six lamps, and some other stuff.

But I think I got all the really important stuff, like three PCs, two monitors, a CBM 8032 computer, external disk drives for that computer, two TV sets, two electric scooter/wheelchair things, an Electric Mobility #255 front-end (with a LC100 taped to it), meters, the entire ProMetric system, most of the flashlights, two or three power supplies, two spectrometers (one is known to work), an oscilloscope, two bags of clothes, the speakers I bought from a CPFer, a pair of shoes, most of my CDs, most of my ghetto blasters, two briefcases with my yearbooks and photo albums in them, the American DJ Laser Widow, a Game Boy Advanced that my sister gave me in the hospital, an old crank-up wall telphone, an antiquue phone operator's headset, anj antique photograph of grandma, at least two plasma lasers and power supply, an argon ion laser, at least one soldering iron and solder, hopefully one of the solar cells (used for battery discharge analyses), most or all of my digimon plush, most or all of the batteries, and some other horse puckey.

I never did come up with my McLux Black Widow or the box of stuff I packed up with material from my desk (including the O-rings I was sent to repair the McLux with), so I think I can chalk that one up as a total loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Man I hate to hear that anything was left behind! No chance in getting that stuff? It hurts my brain to think you lost the insulators & the McLux Black Widow!! Maybe the Widow will show up in a box?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

It's *VERY REMOTELY* possible that the Black Widow could show up in a box, but I honestly do not think it will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I have a very slight idea of the area it might be in, but no way to check that any more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

There is a zero (0) percent chance of retrieving anything else. What was left behind will be tossed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I got just one box of insulators - the rarest and most valuable ones plus all of the commemoratives, and the Muncie combo. The one I'm most pissed off about having to leave hehind is the carnival suspension disk. You know the garbage man will just use it for target practise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif And I'm not too happy about losing the "Port Jervis Jewels" either. Although they're inexpensive beehives, they have a documented history behind them - not something very common to see regarding insulators.
Once I inventory the contents of that box, I'll update my insulator website accordingly.

But I believe I got virtually everything necessary for the administration of my LED website, and everything necessary for any future tests & evaluations I do on flashlights. The only thing I haven't yet found that's necessary for running one of the tests on flashlights I perform is the solar cell, but I can get another one of those if my current one fails to turn up or if I find it broken.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif Hope you get some of your stuff back Craig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif You should've sounded out any CPFers around your area to give you a hand with the move (that is if you have space for all the stuff left behind at your new place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ) I'm sure they would've been glad to help with all the cool stuff you have.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I just now realised I left my toolbox behind too, but its contents are not necessary for the administration of The LED Museum, so I guess it's no real biggie... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
At least two Halloween lamps were left behind too - the Fiber Optic Halloween Lamp and the Tin Witch Lava Lamp.
Guess I'd better put that dreadful red "x" next to their entries on my website before I forget. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Let me go take care of that right now...BBS...there, done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I still have the Halloween shadow lamp, but I don't yet know if I have the AC adapter for it here.
O, I know what else got left behind...that crappy mirrored rotating LED nightlight thing that ended up getting a "0 Stars - Whip Out Your Ding-Dong And Go Potty On It" rating on my website. Better go put a red "x" by its entry too...BRB...there, done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (Yes, even though the asinine thing received the lowest rating I can give, I'll still miss it.)

I cannot go back and try to retrieve more. There is an absoluite, certain, zero (0) percent chance of getting any more of my stuff no matter how I beg or plead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But I got everything necessary for the administration of my flashlight website (three computers, three photometers, two spectrometers, the ProMetric, two or three power supplies, three or four DMMs, etc.); that's the important thing here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

O I know what I ought to do...make a new icon for stuff that got left behind. If successful, it should appear on my website within the next hour or so.

(Edit 10:01am PDT)
The new icon is up there, and products that got lost or left behind now have that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

(Edit 10-23-04 5:05pm PDT)
I just realised I left approximately 3/4 of a case (~100) brand spanken new Energizer C cells behind too...ehhh doodlebugs!!!
I discovered that when I fired up my Trek 6000 EX60 up an d thought it could use a feeding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic

Man, that really sucks big time! I never thought anything like that was possible.... ( I know for a fact that would be illegal here) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope you did get all your most important stuff... It would be garbage to the ignorant , but very important to you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif I can't belive Craig got evicted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sorry to here you couldn't get all your stuff moved.
I hope your new place works out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'd send you something but I'm currently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif .

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Ok, it's been about two weeks since I moved. I'm still "living out of a suitcase" as it were.

I don't yet have the ProMetric or the computer that hosts it set up; the same computer also runs battery discharge analyses. Good news is that I found my solar cell, so I'll be ready to rock when that computer IS set up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The only thing that really pisses me off is all those red "x" icons I've been adding to my website over the last few days, denoting flashlights and other lighting products that were lost or left behind when I moved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

It pretty well and truly SUCKS that no one was able to help so that you could keep your stuff.

We are likely to move within the next couple of months, and the only things that aren't going is stuff I just flat don't need (or want badly!).

There is gonna be a huge garbage load when we go however... we've been there since '88.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif Craig. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

If I didn't live a couple thousand miles too far away, my F350 coulda hauled all your stuff in one shot with a big trailer.

If anybody else needs a hand like that, please sound off and ask for some help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
The calvary may be available.