Cree 7W 300LM Mini LED - lens scuffed - any way to repair?

Lumennoob

Newly Enlightened
I would try to find a cd/dvd repair kit. They used to be available everywhere, but I haven't seen them in a while. It may not be worth it due to the cost of the light.

As a completely unrelated aside, the light you linked is exactly what I've been looking for. a 1xAA, with some type of cree emitter, and a zoomie to boot. THANKS!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a standard Sipik 68 clone. Forget buying a CD/DVD cleaning kit. The cost of the kit would exceed the cost of the light.

That light is less than $4. It's so cheap if it failed, I'd just treat it as expendable and buy a new one.

That said, perhaps the mark isn't permanent. Maybe try buffing it out with a piece of felt or soft cloth. Or maybe a pencil eraser. I wouldn't spend any money trying to buff it though. Just try what you have in your residence.

If you're into modding, you could try buying some replacement glass lenses. Glass is probably more resistant to scuffs than the plastic. But that's probably more effort than it's worth.

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VPPERC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I know you get what you pay for but this is a good little light for the price.

The lens has a scuff on it. It doesn't affect the light much but you can see a small dark spot in the light.

Do you know of anyway of getting rid of the scuff mark?

Thanks

I'd try to polish it with a little toothpaste. I see that several other posters recommended CD kits, and I've had toothpaste work to repair scratched CDs. It sounds crazy, but if you're planning to replace the light anyway, why not give it a try?