Cree Stock

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prevalence doesn't necessarily mean profit, just look at HP's Personal Computing Division. They may be #1 in PC sales, but they are thinking about selling the division because profits aren't great.

...IBM sold theirs to Chinese Lenovo.

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Re: Cree stock - ouch :(

The High to Low differential is not normal market fluctuation even w/the downturn.

Looks like a major overeaction which could lead to a major payday when things settle.

Sigh.

DM51

Flashaholic
General Flashlight Discussion is the wrong forum for this thread. I'm merging it with the existing thread in the Cafe.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
... and I'll merge it with another existing thread on the same topic. :)
(Interested posters probably don't come up with the search terms when they are doing their threads ... ya know, like "Cree stock"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mikedeason

Newly Enlightened
Up another $3 to $30.57!...Wow I stumbled onto flashlights at the right time!

Nice profit already...now the Big Decision.

Sell or Hold?

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree stock

Looks to me that game it up, Cree is going to stomp GE, Lumileds, Nichia technologically. They have been doing that, but now the xt-e cost breakthrough. I cannot see investing in anything other than Cree; it may take time (since the stock may be burdened by R&D, and just invading fixed lighting), but the company and technology success is inevitable.

However, my customer who is a stock expert, took a look at Cree and said the stock was struggling. The stock was not a good investment.

Perhaps, they can only see 6 months to a year ahead, not 10 years? Perhaps, this businessman's blindness could clear way for techno savvy investors? Perhaps, there is a love of inefficiency that lives in the psych of a percentage of people, that I don't share? Or is there something I am missing?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
degarb, I'll merge your new thread with the existing thread on Cree stock, along with a few other comparable threads that also came up in the first page of search returns.

Please note, it really is quite easy to run a search for 'Cree stock' before posting a thread on it. Checking the history of this thread, we're now up to nine merged threads on this topic.

Edit: I found another thread, so a tenth merge ...

Edit # 2: EZO found one more escapee from the asylum, so we're up to the 11th merge by now ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cree stock

I notice that there seems to be a spate of new threads today about old, beaten to death topics, including this one. On the other hand the stock market is always in a state of flux and particular stocks of interest are always worth revisiting.

CREE is a great company but it's been in a severe downtrend for almost two years and even taking that into consideration it still has a very high PE. It all depends on one's time horizon though, I 'spose. It's currently in an uptrend!

In any event, perhaps it might be interesting to look at the CREE chart over the last 10 years along with some older threads on this topic for some perspective.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?172113-Cree-Stock

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Went-Up-3.37-Today.-Anyone-Know-What-Happened

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?191434-Is-CREE-stock-a-good-investment

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?260995-The-Future-of-Cree-as-a-Company

big.chart.gif

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Has anyone invested in Cree?

Sorry, Kestrel, I started putting my post together when this thread had only the OP's post. (degarb's from 2/22)

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Re: Has anyone invested in Cree?

Sorry, Kestrel, I started putting my thread together when this thread had only the OP's post. (degarb's from 2/22)
No problem, just prior to your post I invalidated most of your links with thread merges. ;)

Edit: However, you did find one thread I missed that belonged here, so I nabbed that one too. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
degarb, I'll merge your new thread with the existing thread on Cree stock, along with a few other comparable threads that also came up in the first page of search returns.

Please note, it really is quite easy to run a search for 'Cree stock' before posting a thread on it. Checking the history of this thread, we're now up to nine merged threads on this topic.

Edit: I found another thread, so a tenth merge ...

Edit # 2: EZO found one more escapee from the asylum, so we're up to the 11th merge by now ... :rolleyes:

I'll bet there's still another one out there.:)

EldoEsq

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring back an old thread...but was wondering how the board felt about Cree's future?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
lets put it this way...a little over a year ago, I was broke and advised my girlfriend to purchase Cree stocks at 23$ a share KNOWING that their stock would only go up because of their newly released MKR/s and MTG leds (used in streetlighting, I believe?) She only bought 4 stocks. The stocks TRIPLED over the course of summer to midfall to 75$ a share, and she regret not buying more when I advised her to. It has probably been mentioned before, but there's alot more to stocks than graphs and trends...many "investors" and "day traders" fail to do their research on actual/announced product releases, keynotes and general public announcements of contracts and such. Rather, they minimize their field of view to something that has a higher probability of turning a profit. If it will be a small profit, they'll compensate with pure volume. As far as current cree stocks go...

Marcturus

Enlightened
"Buy fish lines, sell rhino horns." Yes, buying at 23 looked good. As did selling near 75, huge volatility, double top. Looks like the Oct 2012 trend was broken. I expect to see another kick in the stomach to the 56 support area. Failure to hold might send us to the 45 zone, weekly 200-MA. Decision to re-enter this summer, for another year, will be harder than at 23.
(totally careless, personal guess from looking at the stockcharts link, I didn't even look up the Fibs)

Marcturus

Enlightened
Looks like we're there. Are we done yet? I don't have the faintest idea, really. And even if I had, I would so hate to ruin my recently glorious track record.
icon12.gif