• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cree XP-G2 added to the line - 2014

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If that's the test reading, these xpg2 with AA are running brighter than the AA XML2 mule,
xpg2 lumens: low -6, med- 17, High -110
XML2 lumens: low -2, med -10, High - 85

This is why I would prefer not providing any numbers at all. The proper way to measure lumens from a light is to have a sphere that is 2-3' in diameter and have the light inside of the sphere and have the sphere and spectrometer calibrated as a complete unit. My sphere is 6" in ID and I introduce the lights to it via a port on the side. the wide flood of the Mule likely does a much poorer job of getting the light into the sphere compared to the haiku reflector and the smaller die with tighter collimation with the XP-G could give it the edge over the larger XM-L2 die. I had to change to a smaller fiber optic cable that connects my sphere to the spectrometer when I attempted to get some quantitative measures from the Aqua lights so relative relative measures between lights taken before this change compared to measures taken after this change is that much more suspect.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should add I requested output numbers not to see how bright it is, but to see the output spacing between the 3 modes. As long as the 3 modes were tested in the same conditions I'm happy with that :)

grayhighh

Enlightened
Is there a big difference in beam pattern when comparing to the previous XP-G Warm Haiku ? Thanks.

gktii

Enlightened
super stoked about placing my order for one of these! really looking forward to it arriving….Thanks Don for the awesome service!

S1LVA

Enlightened
Just in case anyone was wondering, the XPG2 is great in the Makai :devil:

It makes for a nice little thrower. I have the 2x123 set up.

Andrew

Vernon

Enlightened
If anyone has a Haiku XML and XPG2, I'd love to see some beamshot comparisons!

NicC4ge

Newly Enlightened
Don,

Email order placed for a Haiku XP-G2 (1x123A).

Thanks.

Hi, I was thinking of also ordering the Haiku XP-G2 (1x123A). As a fellow Canuck, Can you let me know, how much this light ending up costing
(with conversion to Canadian Dollars, shipping, and any customs duty and taxes ?) ?

Also , how long did it take to receive after order was placed.

Thanks

scout24

Flashaholic
PSM- Did you warn karp how slippery the slope becomes??? I saw the "I just discovered McGizmos" post in another thread, and just smiled. :) We're kind of even though, I had never heard of Tom Bihn... * thread hijack off, sorry! :) *

Last edited:

karp

Newly Enlightened
PSM- Did you warn karp how slippery the slope becomes??? I saw the "I just discovered McGizmos" post in another thread, and just smiled. :) We're kind of even though, I had never heard of Tom Bihn... * thread hijack off, sorry! :) *

This isn't even funny - it's diabolical - I'm literally planning out 2 McGizmo's right now. I don't know what I want anymore - just the best combo. Thinking 1x123 Haiku to start, but I already know it's not going to cut it for me. I mean, maybe I want 2x123. Maybe I want Terra Ram. I don't know anymore. Don emailed me, but now I think I need to discuss further with him and go on his recommendations. One thing I know I have NO interest in are the mules. That's just not my style. :devil:

(ps, have fun with Tom Bihn. I have 4 bags from them, plus untold number of accessories. :laughing:)

Edit: So the damage has been done! I officially ordered a Terra Ram with XP-G2. I think this will provide me with the options and "modability" I want, while providing a new form factor to my line. And gives me the option to switch to a twisty later on down the line if I so choose. Thanks for the help all! :bow:

Last edited: