CREEmator vs. Tranzilla

razor7

Newly Enlightened
No, this is not a title for a Japanese monster movie! :D

I am wanting an extremely bright LED head for my Surefire E2E, and have narrowed my search down to one of these 2 milkyspit heads, but am undecided as to which one.

I want whatever is brightest, with the most amount of throw. The CREEmator seems to be around 250 lumens with a TIR lens, and the Tranzilla 285 lumens with a reflector.

Does anyone have any beamshot, throw, runtime comparisons of these two?

rkJr

Enlightened
No, this is not a title for a Japanese monster movie! :D

I am wanting an extremely bright LED head for my Surefire E2E, and have narrowed my search down to one of these 2 milkyspit heads, but am undecided as to which one.

I want whatever is brightest, with the most amount of throw. The CREEmator seems to be around 250 lumens with a TIR lens, and the Tranzilla 285 lumens with a reflector.

Does anyone have any beamshot, throw, runtime comparisons of these two?

+1 I'd like to see more info about these two also! :popcorn:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quickie review of my CREEmator (in the reviews section). My CREEmator uses an OP reflector for a wonderful beam.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Tranzilla! I don't have a Creemator, though. But I know what it's supposed to look like. Sorta like my ML-1x Q5 since that one has an optic and is pushing 220+ lumen.

It all depends on your preference of beam. Reflector vs. optic. The Tranzilla has a very nice color temperature. I have beam comparisons between the Tranzilla and other LED types.

Tranzilla Thread

beamshot_milkyspits.jpg

Last edited:

razor7

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chronos and ttran. I think that I am leaning toward the CREEmator right now, still undecided.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Chronos and ttran. I think that I am leaning toward the CREEmator right now, still undecided.

The Creemator is wonderful and I think it would be more suited for general needs. It also has different levels of brightness. If you do get one, I suggest that you have milkyspit reprogram it to only two levels, instead of the default 4. You can have it to whatever brightness levels as you want. My friend bondr likes to have full brightness and the regular low. I like to have full brightness and half brightness. That gives me bright light but 4 times the runtime in the half-output level.

The Tranzilla only has one brightness level...which I requested. It was a specialty light designed for me and my needs (hence the name "Tran"zilla). hehe. Either way, you'll be very pleased with the work that milkyspit does!