Crelant 7G5 (XM-L U2, 2x18650) Thrower Review: RUNTIMES, VIDEO, BEAMSHOTS and more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Cool it please folks. Valid comparisons between additional light samples is always appreciated, but the charged commentary is not.

Any further posts as described above will be deleted without notice - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Crelant 7G5 XM-L U2 also has 55k cd.

My 7G5 with 4x CR123A 56,800 Lux. It's a nice thrower using the U2 bin XM-L. This is exactly what I wanted. If Olight was to start the U2 in the M3X, then that would be very interesting.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Just updated the main thread with the outdoor shots. :grin2: These beamshots were done in the style of my earlier 100-yard round-up review. Please see that thread for a discussion of the topography (i.e. the road dips in the distance, to better show you the corona in the mid-ground). We are also in early winter here now, so I was lucky to get these in without snow on the ground. :whistle:

7G5-CatV3-SR51.gif

As you can see, the 7G5 has a more focused hotspot than my Thrunite Catapult or Olight SR51. :wave:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Its interesting to note from these beamshots in the post above by selfbuilt that the Creelant seems to have a narrower section of the beam at the brightest focus than do the SR51 or Catapult.

It does seem to outthrow them right at the centre of the beam where the middle of the tall treetrunk and its immediate surrounds are more sharply in view.

On the other hand, the image from the SR51 at that particular distance may be the more useful one where a lot more is lit up above and below and to the right and left of the central portion that the Creelant highlights.

It could be that the Orange-Peel reflector has something to do with this. See how all the trunks of the smaller trees are revealed much more clearly with the SR51 than the Crelant. Possibly this is accounting for some of the confusion and apparent contradictions of earlier posts.

To me it is clear from the above pictures that the Crelant has the furthest throw but also the smallest hotspot. For the particular distance shown, I'd find the SR51 to provide the more useful beam.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I wanted to say the new Crelant 7G5 I got is a lot better than my first one. I now believe this 7G5 will beat my M3X from what I have seen. It's very close between the two.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
no V2 yet, selfbuilt?
Actually, it looks like a V2 will be on its way to me. But not sure how it long it will take to get here, and will likely take a couple of weeks to complete the testing and write up the review once it arrives. I have half a dozen reviews in the works at the moment, but I hope to have them mainly wrapped up over the next week or two. So it shouldn't take too long to get to the V2 once it arrives. :wave:

philmadxx

Newly Enlightened
I just got my 7G5 in the mail after a long wait (over a month) - but Hank was good at responding so I kept waiting.

Well worth it! This thing is incredible! I truly have nothing to compare it to but OMG does it put out the light.

I'm now hooked. Single 18650 thrower is the next purchase. Too many decisions.

Thanks to Selfbuilt and all for great information.