• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cryos M2 Cooling Bezel

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
thanks

at one meter , the difference is more signifiant (of course) , but my camera was out of battery.

very good job on these bezel Ronac !

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my M2 Black Cryos bezel. It is beautiful!!! Great job, Ron!

I am putting it (along with a black SS flat bezel) onto an black FM 2x18650 with a Malkoff M60W with a wonderfully warm MC-E tucked into it.

That sucker gets hot pretty quick and the Cryos M2 bezel fits the bill nicely.:thumbsup:

Sorry, no pics right now. Hopefully soon. :)

Highly recommended!!! :twothumbs

Goldy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ron,

Received mine yesterday, love both version specially on M2. :twothumbs

Thanks a lot

iwolf81

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I've recently started down the lego'ing path by dropping a Thrunite P60 single-mode XML into a SF G2ZL with aluminum bezel. This light heats up very quickly, so now I want put this drop-in into a Cryos Cooling Bezel and put that assembly on an incoming SF Z2. My question is what are the differences/benefits of the Z44 and M2-sized Cryos Cooling Bezels, beside the physical difference as illustrated earlier in this thread?

Thanks,
Ira

ronac

Enlightened
The main advantage of the Cryos M2 over the original is that it will be more effective at dissipating the heat generated by the drop in. Also, since it uses a larger lens, it will cut off less of the beam and allow for more lumens out the front. Finally, the Cryos M2 has slots for you to install trits. The main drawback with the Cryos M2 is the size. It's significantly larger than the original Cryos so if you want something that's more pocketable, the original Cryos may be the one for you.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ron,

Will your M2 bezel work with Surefire M series 36mm led reflectored modules in SF 6P stlye hosts? If not, would you consider doing a run of bezels that would?

iwolf81

Newly Enlightened
The main advantage of the Cryos M2 over the original is that it will be more effective at dissipating the heat generated by the drop in. Also, since it uses a larger lens, it will cut off less of the beam and allow for more lumens out the front. Finally, the Cryos M2 has slots for you to install trits. The main drawback with the Cryos M2 is the size. It's significantly larger than the original Cryos so if you want something that's more pocketable, the original Cryos may be the one for you.

I ordered the Cryos M2 head, Teva cren five ring, and UCL lens from Oveready, and lucked it when it, a SF Z2 incan, and SF combat rings arrived on the same day. I then proceed to have lots of fun Lego'ing the lights...

Referring to the image below, I put a Thrunite single-mode XML in the Cryos M2/Z2 setup and added the hooked combat ring, which provides a nice balance for the heavier head. (I'm still on the hunt for FiveMega Penta tailcap.) The basic combat ring on the 6PX Pro gives it Z2 feel, and makes pushing in 'constant on' much easier. The black G2Z got the Z2's aluminum head with a P60L. Curiously, the tan G2ZL returned to its original configuration.

A couple of minor notes, both G2Z's have P60Ls, though the lamp that can with the tan model had a bluer tint than the one that I purchased separately for the black G2Z. Also, the Z41 that came with the Z2 rattled when removed and shaken, and it 'popped' when releasing it. I have seven SF light and none of them do this; I'll call SF customer service next week.

Regards,
Ira

6562872671_d065d55e7f_b.jpg

ronac

Enlightened

ronac

Enlightened
Bump!

I have a couple of Cryos M2's in each finish that have very small anodizing chips for sale at discounted price. PM me if you're interested!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast

The photos in the OP show the bezel being used with a C2 which still has its clip. Is this possible for all C2's and C3's?

Yes you just need to trim the clip down a little so it sits down in the slot a bit more on the C2 or C3.
I trim the pointed part off the clip then paint the bare metal so it does not rust. Just take care when screwing the bezel on to check you have taken enough off if it is still going to hit take a little more off.

Here is my M2 with the Cryos these look great with bigger tail caps to match the bezel. I will take a shot soon of my other M2 with the SW01 tail cap looks sweet.
As you can see I have a few clips I need to trim down as the lights look so much better with clips.

M2cyrosganp.jpg

cheers

Capt. Nemo

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else try to install B@rt's trits in this head? I found the slots to be too small for the trits to fully seat. Just curious. Still my favorite flashlight head ever...