• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Mag-1D's for sale ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Will! I am guessing there isn't enough material to bore a D Mag for one of these?

All that would be left would be a thin shell, or, nothing at all...?

Notsure Fire

Enlightened
Very top notch work sir! I think most people who know what I maglite is would be speechless when they see a 1D mag!

wquiles

Flashaholic
Hi, Will! I am guessing there isn't enough material to bore a D Mag for one of these?

All that would be left would be a thin shell, or, nothing at all...?
Even if you could bore it out, the challenge is that you need internal space for the threads on the tailcap. The ID of the "D" Mag varies (a mass production part after all), but it is around 1.347" or so. Since this cell is supposed to have a nominal OD of 1.5", at a high level, it might not be a possible/workable solution.

Very top notch work sir! I think most people who know what I maglite is would be speechless when they see a 1D mag!
Thank you for your kind words :eek:

I don't know/remember who came up with it many years ago (maybe forum member FM?), but the 1xD (and 1xC) are indeed very ergonomic packages. Most (non-flashaholic) folks that get to see and hold a 1xD immediately fall in love with it, until they realize it is a custom product and worth more than the $20 they are used to pay at the local store for a "standard" 2D Mag :)

Will

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Will,

Are you still in a position to provide new D Mag hosts, and shorten them to 1D length? Been a while since the last post, so I thought it best to ask.

To give an idea in terms of length, I'd be looking to use the standard length Mag spring, keep the stock switch (topped and tailed), and use 26650 protected cells (4sevens). Protected 32600/32650 cells don't appear freely available at this time.

If you do still have hosts and are still carrying out this work, could you let me know what colour hosts you have and how much this would cost, including international shipping to the UK.

Many thanks
Stephen Wallace

wquiles

Flashaholic
Will,

Are you still in a position to provide new D Mag hosts, and shorten them to 1D length? Been a while since the last post, so I thought it best to ask.

To give an idea in terms of length, I'd be looking to use the standard length Mag spring, keep the stock switch (topped and tailed), and use 26650 protected cells (4sevens). Protected 32600/32650 cells don't appear freely available at this time.

If you do still have hosts and are still carrying out this work, could you let me know what colour hosts you have and how much this would cost, including international shipping to the UK.

Many thanks
Stephen Wallace

Stephen,

Yes, I still do these. Prices and options are all in the first post in this thread.

- Basic host, international shipping: $70
- Modify stock switch for LED usage and flat-top cells: $20

I can locally buy the standard colors (Blue, Red, Silver, Pewter), and other colors I have to order on-line, for an additional $5-10, depending on where I can find them, although I have Copper hosts right now in stock for no extra charge.

When you are ready to place an order, just post here again with your specific request/options/color, and then send Paypal payment to the address in my signature.

If you want to discuss any options and rather do it privately, just send me email to the same email address as in my signature.

Will

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Will,

A copper host sounds great!

As stated previously, 1D length to fit a 26650 cell, with stock spring length and stock switch, with the flat cell switch mod and tower removed.

Paypal for $90 on way as we speak.

Many thanks
Stephen

wquiles

Flashaholic
Will,

A copper host sounds great!

As stated previously, 1D length to fit a 26650 cell, with stock spring length and stock switch, with the flat cell switch mod and tower removed.

Paypal for $90 on way as we speak.

Many thanks
Stephen

Stephen,

I have 26650 cells on hand, so no worries, it will be the right length. Do you also need a spacer for the cells? Or you already have a spacer on hand? I made removeable, custom fitted Delrin sleeves for $20 like shown in this post:
post 547 ...

Will

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
No problem - thanks for the update.

I should have it ready this coming weekend at the latest. Whatch this thread for updates/pictures ;)

Will

Many thanks, that's greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Ill take a green 1D bored out for 4AA adapter.
Dr Swiger

Dr Swiger

Dr Swiger

Apparently, three more orders..... :naughty:

wquiles

Flashaholic
Dr Swiger

It has been a long day with lots of meetings - sorry I have not replied earlier today.

There are two green colors available from Maglite - a light green (also called Jade green), and the dark Green. I don't have either one in stock, but I can buy them on-line. Which one are you interested in?
(from left to right: Dark Green, Dark Green, Purple, Blue)
dscf2483.jpg

(from left to right: Blue, Jade Green, Digital Camo, Digital Camo)
dscf2485.jpg

Will

DrSwiger

Newly Enlightened
Will jade or copper bored for 4AA and head grooved. Let me know
Thanks, dr swiger

wquiles

Flashaholic
Will jade or copper bored for 4AA and head grooved. Let me know
Thanks, dr swiger

I order my non-stock Mags from Zbattery:
3D - Jade = $18.95

plus $8.60 for S/H, so the host alone is $27.55.

My labor for cutting and re-threading are:
Any color: $45 domestic, $55 international (this includes shipping via USPS)

Internal boring for 4xAA adapter is $30

Head Grooving is $35

So the total depends if you are domestic (USA) or International:
- Domestic: $28 + $45 + $30 + $35 = $138
- International = $148

Payment via Paypal to the email in my signature - once I get payment I will order the host, which will normally take about 1 week to get to me, and then on the next weekend following the host arrival I can do the work.

Let me know if you are interested.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.