Custom Maglite Tri/Quad Luxeon up to 12 watts from 1 to 2 NIMH D cells (9-12Ah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvr2brt

Newly Enlightened
MM,

With all due apologies and respect to Dire Straits:

"In addition to my MTV, I want my Quad Cree XR-E!"

Let me know when and PayPal is on the way.

Nvr2brt

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want one Quad x 3Watt Cree Mag too! Make it in WD tint and a drive of 750 mah each! as for reflector how about a Mcr 19?

Paypal at the ready!

AlexGT

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric made me up a 2D Quad Cree at the highest drive level (I guess 3 watts?) and it burns something fierce! He estimated around 600 lumens, and good for over an hour. It is a throw monster.

I'm not sure how busy he is with current Cree ARC obligations but doesn't hurt to ask =) At least you could get on the list...

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was fortunate enough to have Eric make me a quad over a year ago, right when the P4 Crees just came out. And this thing rocks, he's done an amazing job with the driver. Blazing output for nearly 2 hours, regulated. MillerMods is the man.

I think he's really busy with the baby, a house on the market, and the Arc mods to do, but maybe you can try sending him a pm?

Zot

Enlightened
It does seem that he is swamped with the AA mods now.
If he does start making this light wth the PIC option, I would still be interested.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think he ever finished his PIC design.
That said, after having used my Quad Cree as a single stage for over a year now, I truly think that a single stage for a high-powered light definitely has its merits. Most of the time you want a multi-stage light is either for long runtime, or for less light, to not ruin night vision. For either of these purposes, a much smaller light is far, far, better, and you would need to be carrying a spare light anyway. So an HDS or similar paired with a single-stage Quad Cree (full power when you need it, also dumb-proof for when your friends borrow it - and believe you me, if you take it with you camping or something, they will clamor to borrow it!) is a perfect and ideal combo in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.