• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Surefire® Hosts 6P|Z2|C2|M2: Bored, Ceramic, HA, Extras, plus Turnkey Options

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem with extender trying my patience

I have an interesting problem and I hope someone can help.

I have been running a Torchlab L1 triple on 2x18500 AW Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery's in a Leef 2x18500 tube. It works great. I just purchased a bored A19 extender from Overready in order to run the LED on 2x18650 (AW 18650/3100 Lithium Cobalt (LiCo)2900m cells). When I add the extender, and the 18650's the light doesn't work. When I take the extender off it works great again with the 18500's.

I'm stumped.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Problem with extender trying my patience

I think I may have found the problem...just as you say. The extenders work fine with the bored 9P I got from you but does NOT work with my two Leef 2x18500 bodies.
It must be a contact issue. I had also found in a past post that there was contact issues with the Leef bodies (tailcap threads shorter than Surefire threads).

Both extenders are beautifully finished. The sad part of this is that I purposely purchased both custom HA III black and natural extenders for my each of my 2x18500 Leef tubes only to find neither one of them work!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Problem with extender trying my patience

There are a couple of variables there but its most likely a contact issue with the body, like shorter than SF threads on the leaf design. Can you test connctivity between the parts?

Yeah, no joy there. A few options to consider:

If you need the 100/130 switching, trade out the Leef bodies with HA black and gray 9Ps

If you don't need 100/130 switching, trade out the Leef bodies for longer ones and/or TL130 bodies

There's enough value in what you have to do whatevers needed.

Last edited:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have re-stocked some great parts.

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up that we have completed some more great Custom Bored, Custom finished Harcoat Black Surefire hosts.

9P-black.jpg

2nuq73d.jpg

Several of these models will be gone forever soon

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: We have re-stocked some great parts.

I am interested in another novel HA body, 2-cell C or Z. Will be keeping my eyes open. I'm such an Oveready Custom SF ho. :D

Wilkey

python

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Surefire® Hosts 6P|Z2|C2|M2|G2: Bored, HA, Lego Parts, plus Turnkey Option

We apply industrial grade dyes using the most vigorous chemical and thermal processes possible, but full penetration is not possible. Nitrolon is impervious to liquid, including fully suspended dyes. So like anodized metal, surface chips will reveal the material (and color) beneath.

To your question, we don't yet know. Our testing is quite thorough and we are releasing the first few units before its complete. As with all our stuff, you may return it anytime during the first 30 days of ownership, for any reason.

You may also wait until testing is complete. The only thing Sgt. LED likes more than destroying lights is sharing the results. :devil:

Thanks! Here's a family portrait of the first batch:

2urmog0.jpg

I embedded a color profile, so I'm hoping the color shows correctly on most systems.

Any chance to a new batch?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Anything's possible but laying colors atop already finished Nitrolon is a 'question of perfect'. In those days, we were more willing to overlook spots and another anomalies common with dying a G2. Its far less likely with a color like red but red is not as popular as orange.

I'll show these requests to Mrs Guru (who does the dying and is the most concerned about their final appearance) and if you guys will forgive such issues, we can have them ready in time for Insider 56!