• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Surefire® Lego Parts M|C|Z|P|G: Adaptors, Extenders, Bezels, Bodies, Tailcaps

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: Custom Surefire® Lego Parts M|C|Z|P|G: Extenders, Bezels, Bodies, Tailcaps

leukos,
ekengle,
Bob96,

Orders shipped!

:thanks:

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
Sorry - My PM's arent showing up as sent.

I have a G2 and would like to upgrade it to one of your Defender heads with a Malkoff drop-in. Is this body/head/drop-in combo possible?

Possibly I'd be best suited by purchasing yoour "Cren-Bezel" for a G2?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry - My PM's arent showing up as sent.

I have a G2 and would like to upgrade it to one of your Defender heads with a Malkoff drop-in. Is this body/head/drop-in combo possible?

Possibly I'd be best suited by purchasing yoour "Cren-Bezel" for a G2?

Hi Justin,

Both PMs received!

The main issue with bezels and bezel ring additions to G2's is not so much the threads (fitting them together) but how much power you want to run through the LED setup. For Nitrolon bezel + Nitrolon body, the M60L (which we can provide) is about the max you want to go for continuous reliable uses. If this is enough, adding a cren ring to your existing G2 bezel should work fine.

If you want to go brighter, like an M30, a metal bezel will let more of the heat from the more powerful module, escape. In this case, a full Defender bezel is the way to go.

Dan

Gryffin

Enlightened
How much does a metal bezel help, really?

The pill and the base of the reflector are surrounded by nothing but nitrolon. It seems to me the primary thermal path would be from the pill up the reflector to the bezel; not very direct.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
How much does a metal bezel help, really?

A metal body is the best way to go and in the cases of 2+ amp configurations, a must.

However, metal bezels + Nitrolon bodies have been shown to be better than Nitrolon bezels + Nitrolon bodies. SF M60L's, for example, reduce their own output as heat builds up and have been shown to run higher/longer with metal bezels. This is why SF puts metal bezels on their G series LED models. Lined up:

Nitrolon bezel + Nitrolon body = poor heat delivery

Metal bezel + Nitrolon body = improved heat delivery

Metal bezel + Metal body = best heat delivery​

*assuming heat transfer via conduction as with LEDs

Justin13

Newly Enlightened
Hi Justin,

Both PMs received!

The main issue with bezels and bezel ring additions to G2's is not so much the threads (fitting them together) but how much power you want to run through the LED setup. For Nitrolon bezel + Nitrolon body, the M60L (which we can provide) is about the max you want to go for continuous reliable uses. If this is enough, adding a cren ring to your existing G2 bezel should work fine.

If you want to go brighter, like an M30, a metal bezel will let more of the heat from the more powerful module, escape. In this case, a full Defender bezel is the way to go.

Dan

Thanks Dan. For soem reason, my PM box shows 0 Messages sent...

-Is the M60L is brighter than the stock G2 LED? (drop-in and Cren Bezel)

-My G2 has a screw-on metal head, will that host the M30 or a brighter drop in? Or does this drop-in require a larger diameter head?

Creneleated bezels are a must have for me.

Let me know the $$$ for those 2 options and Ill PayPal you today.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
-Is the M60L is brighter than the stock G2 LED?

-My G2 has a screw-on metal head, will that host the M30 or a brighter drop in? Or does this drop-in require a larger diameter head?

Technically, they are rated for similar out, but actual performance depends a bit on battery configuration. On two batteries, 2xCR123 primaries for example, output is about the same. The advantage of the M60L in this case is runtime. Pulling less juice for the same output, it will run for longer than the P60L.

On one battery, 1x17670 for example, the M60L's lower power draw means it is able to maintain more output with less voltage. Side by side in this case, the P60L (SF) provides noticeably less output than with two cells, while the M60L (Malkoff) is about the same. So the M60L will be brighter on one cell.

There is no size difference with any of these heads or drop ins. The primary consideration is how much heat a given configuration puts out and how able that configuration is to channel that heat away. At 1 full ample, Gryffin's concern really starts to come in to play. An M30 in a G2L host is starting to push the limits.

PM sent on the rest...

Gryffin

Enlightened
A metal body is the best way to go and in the cases of 2+ amp configurations, a must.

Well, yeah, I assumed that. I was thinking more along the lines of a simple upgrade for an existing G2. Some of us like the light weight, the non-freezing cold-weather feel, and, well… some of us just like YELLOW! :D

rikvee

Enlightened
G'Day ElectronGuru,

that last order went really well, so here's another one:

:paypal: for the following:

#6 - Defender bezel black - $36 rikvee
#7 - Defender bezel black - $36 rikvee

#2 - 17500 G3-body florescent yellow - $34 rikvee

#6 - G series McClicky tailcap black - $38 rikvee
(this last one would be fine in black or fluro yellow)

Worldwide - USPS Priority box, $15

TOTAL $159 + 4% = $166

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

rikvee,

Order shipped!

@cafecomfacas

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent
CPF: ChicoJNeto
#2 - SW02-HA clicky gray - $82 available
Worldwide shipping - U$15,00
Shipping Insurance - U$3,00
4%CC
Total:U$104,00

:thumbsup:

I need three Z41 tailcaps.

Swagg

Enlightened
PayPal sent for:
CPF: Swagg
#4 - M2-HA-BK bezel factory black w/fitting ring - $62 available
$4 shipping

$66 total

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

chicojneto,
Swagg,

Orders shipped!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Hexagonal (Z44) style bezels, made of Nitrolon, now available with Pyrex or UCL lens, in a variety of bezel ring configurations:

2rhbpmf.jpg

These are not the standard bezel found on most G series lights.

ecallahan

Enlightened
Paypal sent:

CPF: ecallahan

#18 - 18650 6P-body black - $37 available

pp cash $37 + usps priority $7 = $44

Thanks!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

ecallahan,

Order shipped!