D Lithium rechgeable 3.7v 7500mah-Feeler...

plasmaman

Enlightened
I think I have sourced this cell:
normal D size dimensions
3.7v Li rechargeable
7500 mah
Max discharge 12a
800 cycle life
expensive!
Anyone already aware of such a thing? - anyone interested in a GB? Subject to price of course.

habibi

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

How expensive? Depending on price i would be interested in 2 or 3!!!

Cheers

plasmaman

Enlightened
I expect to get confirmation of price on Monday, but current (agh) indication is 20GBP a piece plus shipping. So about twice the price of an AW C cell - but then again more than twice the capacity........
I'm buying some for my cutdown 1D LED projects anyway. 6-7 hours runtime for a 1A LEd, or 2 hours for a tri setup is tooooo good to miss!
And in a 2 or 3 D host - whoohoo.
I might be prepared to do a GB (haven't before) and shipping batteries out of UK needs looking at in terms of regulatory issues blah blah blah....
They are a stock item and available.
More soon.

barkingmad

Enlightened
I expect to get confirmation of price on Monday, but current (agh) indication is 20GBP a piece plus shipping. So about twice the price of an AW C cell - but then again more than twice the capacity........
I'm buying some for my cutdown 1D LED projects anyway. 6-7 hours runtime for a 1A LEd, or 2 hours for a tri setup is tooooo good to miss!
And in a 2 or 3 D host - whoohoo.
I might be prepared to do a GB (haven't before) and shipping batteries out of UK needs looking at in terms of regulatory issues blah blah blah....
They are a stock item and available.
More soon.

Which supplier sells these in the UK?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course I'm IN. The price will only dictate how many I buy at once.
How expensive is expensive? $30-$50-$75?
The biggest D cell capacity I've found is 5400 mAh and that company doesn't sell individual cells.
I'd be sceptical of someone claiming that capacity. Also, a 2C rate would be 15A

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in a couple pending further details. D size LiIons would be sweet if they've got high discharge ability... but they've got to be safe first.

Daekar

Enlightened
I'm interested in a couple pending further details. D size LiIons would be sweet if they've got high discharge ability... but they've got to be safe first.

True... we need more details! We've been hoping for good D-LiIons for a while, and I would be in for at least 2 right off the bat, and probably 3 more within a few months pending available cash. If the specs are up to claimed values and they're capable of powering hotwire lamps, you'll sell all you can get your hands on, I don't doubt. I've been looking forward to these because I wanted to wait til they were available to make a tri-Cree mag... the runtimes just wouldn't be what I wanted unless D-cells were available, or else I'd be stuck with charging large numbers of 18650s and lots of empty space in my light.

Oh yes - they've gotta be protected! :D I'm so excited, I've been looking forward to this... :):party:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Be good to know the brand and if they have a credible set of run time curves at various amp loads. When it sounds too good to be true (compared to the ones JimmyM was looking at)....it might still be true. That's more than twice as expensive as Emoli or A123's...but if that mAh is right, it's actually a good deal.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to see some discharge curves.
Honestly, I'd prefer unprotected. These aren't for amateurs anyway. Let me worry about or build in the protection. The small mosfets used in the builtin protection solutions have higher resistance than the ones I'd use.

Bring em on!

Latest posts