dang cuts...new knife!

jds009

Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
next week is our spring break. our end of the nine weeks are on friday so no school, then we get today and tomorow off as our boys basketball is going to state.

i am going "fishing" with a special somone over our spring break:sssh:.

hmm...sounds nice! going 'fishing' eh...fun fun fun...gotta love that man :grin2:

Higher order, wow...lots of stitches...ive had glue but this was my first stitches...

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Loading an open sided trailer I leaned across the side and discovered license plates are a potential weapon. It bit me a couple of inches above the knee. I never felt any pain and only noticed it when I saw my sock was red. 5-6 stiches.

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Worse cut i've gotten was when i was sanding off a cheap paint finish off a CS kukri. Slipped and cut a huge cash that wouldn't stop bleeding. It eventually did, i finished up. Lesson learned is always wear kevlar gloves when working with knives. I have an ontario and i think they are good quality. Edge is good for a fixed blade and im sure they last a long while although i haven't abused mine. Either way, im sure you'll be happy

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
jds009 said:
hmm...sounds nice! going 'fishing' eh...fun fun fun...gotta love that man :grin2:
yes plenty of fun. the only hard part is trying to convince my mom why we should go "fishing" at night instead of the day. she just doesnt really see my point.;)

jds009

Enlightened
benchmade_boy said:
yes plenty of fun. the only hard part is trying to convince my mom why we should go "fishing" at night instead of the day. she just doesnt really see my point.;)

haha, good luck with that! now i have that song in my head...:ohgeez:garth brooks :)
"You & me going fishing in the dark,
lying on our backs & counting the stars,
where the cool grass grows"
:laughing:

vtunderground

Enlightened
My worst cut was from a Mach 3 razor... I was reaching into a suitcase in the dark, and didn't realize that the razor was in there. I got three very clean cuts through my thumbnail and deep into my thumb.

Worst injury was a mountain bike handlebar going through my cheek (!) and into my lower jaw.

I just sliced myself pretty good while sharpening my mini-griptillian the other day... it's my first "nice" knife, and it keep suprising me with how well it holds an edge.

Last edited:

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
First and worst cut was with a SAK classic when I was a little over 5. Taught me valuable lesson and was the last time I significantly hurt myself with a knife. It was not until recently that I went back to non-locking pocket knives.