Data Bank 70

Illum

Flashaholic
70 X cree xp-g S2. > 40,000 lumens at start up.

XP-'s footprint is way different than XR-'s, so it'll be easily to just rebuild another plate.

if BVH can sell his GE WWII short-arc trailer here, I'm pretty certain Data can sell his old data bank 70 here no problem
Whether he wants to sell it though...:candle:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
==================================================
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================
==================================================

05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Great design ! More !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FroggyTaco01-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Hmmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMbTbqZNub4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illum01-28-2011, 07:07 PM
:oops: :stupid:

FroggyTaco01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
the DB70 is more akin to the 47 XM18...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclAfMsSyoc&feature=related

Did you watch the video? It was about the XM18

London Lad01-29-2011, 03:34 AM
:popcorn:

easilyled01-29-2011, 03:41 AM
Funny, although the tray design, grip, layout and positioning of the leds of this "prototype" in the youtube link seems to be "borrowed" or "copied" from the data bank 70, I heard no credit on the youtube video going to Data for the inspiration.

Isn't that plagiarism?

IcantC

Enlightened
I seen that too, I clicked on it and it took me to 4sevens but it couldn't find any reference to it there.

Same here, after googling I found 4sevens has similar light running XML emitters and I believe it's called the xm18 or something.....

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen this before as well. In fact, it was on another forum that someone posted the 4sevens ad with some excitement.

I did post in that other forum a link to this thread, I think. Danged if I can't find it again, though.

Anyway, even if I didn't post a link, I am double sure I mentioned Data from CPF.

I have been assuming that this was a sign of success for Data. I sure hope it is not rather a sign that someone took note of his work by stealing it.

At least the Spy and TriV are almost impossible to steal because they'd never make a dime from light so difficult to produce.

obi

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep, 18000 lm, via 32 18650s.. I think given the probability of a cookoff, I'll stick with A123s

check with:
Is the XM-18 ever going into production?
Illum,
Now that it has been released, Do you still think the 18650s are baked and not fryed?
Would like to hear more. Do you think the fans used in the XM-18 are helping cool the battieries as well as the LEDs?
I can't help but wonder if DC explored other battery options like the A123 in the design of the XM-18.
GL

Illum

Flashaholic
Well, if the 18650 pack used in the XM-18 is integrated as opposed to removable in discrete units... I'd say for that price protection circuits might be in place on part with laptop batteries that minimizes the risk of an explosion. A123 systems have seen alot of attention in the automotive industry, but for the use here I think the cost will increase substantially with A123s due to the need of a specialized charger

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Wild job on the Databank 70 :grin2: it looks like its direct-drive form battery packs (no Driver circuit) thus the reason for the series setup for the XR-E's ?