Day 1 2006 SHOT Show Report

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
That nite iz IQ looks pretty cool! I wonder if it will work properly on a cut down mini mag running a li-ion.

Raven

Enlightened
WOW

You wrote this on your blog.

The Infinity Ultra-M Task Light is an American made version of the Gerber Infinity Ultra. It comes in a hard anodized black finish with a red or white LED. The Gerber Infinity Ultra-M retails for $30.

This is big news.

Why an American made version? Will this new model have the original body? If that's the case, maybe Gerber reads cpf, after all :D

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, there are a lot of new lights coming out... i like the PT.. but it looks plastic.

-David

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SL Jr looks cool, I'd find a lot of use for that because I use mine workign under car hoods. I could attach it to the body with the magnet for hands free, and angle the head right where I needed light, leaving 2 hands free!
Do you know if it's an addon or a complete new light?

I see some ppl will like the new reflector X0 it should have some sidespill..
Thanks!

Raven

Enlightened
leukos said:
The new Inova XO looks like it will be a hot light for 2006. 1watt with reflector running on an AA with Inova build quality, it might rival the Fenix. :)

Did I miss something? Where did it say that the new XO would be a AA light?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of the X1 (edited post). :sigh:
It does look thinner from the picture though....sure would be a nice light if it ran on AA.

Last edited:

Hans

Enlightened
A quick question .... Any news from HDS? Any new products or "surprises" there?

Hans

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info! cant wait to see the PILA 500 lumen :devil: model with LED tail cap

carrot

Flashaholic
What's the deal with the other Surefire lights... the 1-cell infinitely variable brightness "pocket rocket" light and mini-Beast that Brock mentioned here?

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Jr. Luxeon Reach

IsaacHayes said:
The SL Jr looks cool, I'd find a lot of use for that because I use mine workign under car hoods. I could attach it to the body with the magnet for hands free, and angle the head right where I needed light, leaving 2 hands free!
Do you know if it's an addon or a complete new light?
It is a new light and it is called the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon Reach

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Raven said:
WOW

You wrote this on your blog.
The Infinity Ultra-M Task Light is an American made version of the Gerber Infinity Ultra. It comes in a hard anodized black finish with a red or white LED. The Gerber Infinity Ultra-M retails for $30.
This is big news.

Why an American made version? Will this new model have the original body? If that's the case, maybe Gerber reads cpf, after all :D
Because it is a requirement of the U.S. Gov't to purchase products made in the U.S. The American made version will look the same as the current Gerber Infinity Ultra.

carrot

Flashaholic
PocketLights.com said:
Because it is a requirement of the U.S. Gov't to purchase products made in the U.S. The American made version will look the same as the current Gerber Infinity Ultra.
Is it HAIII, though?

TBY

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reports and updates. Wish I was there!

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
David,

From your report, it's a little confusing in regards to the Inova 24/7 being discontinued. Are they all being discontinued or only the green ones?

Regards,

John

Last edited:

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Inova 24/7

The yellow Inova 24/7 will not be discontinued. It will only be sold with an accessory kit. The green Inova 24/7 will be discontinued.

Last edited:

Raven

Enlightened
Thanks for the updates. I can assure you that they are appreciated.

paulr

Flashaholic
That's interesting, it sounds like Gerber is dusting off the Ultra-G tooling and basically putting it back into production except black. I like the green color of the Ultra-G and if the goal of the Ultra-M is govt sales, maybe they'll want to make an Ultra-MG with an engraved NSN number like the Ultra-G had. OTOH maybe it's just a sneaky way to almost double the price of the old Ultra while making users delighted about the reintroduction instead of annoyed about the huge price hike. I suppose I'll buy one when they come out, sigh.