DBS (Q4 UPDATE!), MRV, Tiablo A8, DX Cree Projection, WF-600: RUNTIMES and pics!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I already have a LUMAPOWER M1 cree, i want to know if it is worth to buy a Raidfire.
The M1 is a different class of light - more an all-purpose light as opposed to a thrower (which would be the Lumapower MRV). FYI, EDGETAC will be sending me a Raidfire to review, so I will update my results here once they are ready.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
They also have an updated Q5 versions of 1x18650 WF-600 and 2x18650 WF-800 - would be nice to check those aswell.. :)
I've seen those ... but don't have any immediate plans to pick them up. Since it's probable that they still have the same circuit as the earlier models, the effect of going from Q2 to Q5 is likely to only be ~15% increase. If you compare my MRV Q5-mod to the stock MRV Q2 and P4 results, it should give you a rough idea of what to expect from these new lights. Build quality also looks the same, except for the HA.

MstrHnky

Enlightened
i ordered the aurora wf-600 Q5 18650 model back in november, but i was recently reimbursed because the item is backordered.

i'll keep my eyes open for when it's back in stock.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
i ordered the aurora wf-600 Q5 18650 model back in november, but i was recently reimbursed because the item is backordered.
That is too bad. FYI, I'm waiting to receive this light from Kai Domain:

SmartFire CREE V-68C Q5 4Modes LED Flashlight Black(1 x 18650)

Looks good from the description. I'll add it to review once it comes in.

The EDGETAC RaidFire should hopefully be here by Christmas as well - that review will have priority in being posted here, of course. :grin2:

EDIT: the review for the Smartfire is now up here:SmartFire V-68C "Q5" MRV-clone

Last edited:

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
That does look like a pretty nice light from smartfire (ultrafire?). I have an ultrafire R1 rebel light and it is well built, bright as hell and pretty handy.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
That does look like a pretty nice light from smartfire (ultrafire?). I have an ultrafire R1 rebel light and it is well built, bright as hell and pretty handy.
Actually, the Smartfire clone light has some issues - see my individual review of it here:

SmartFire V-68C "Q5" MRV-clone

I'm currently working on the RaidFire Spear review, and will update this review with the runtimes of both once I'm done. :)

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't appear to be any brighter than the first gen MRV in terms of output, but it does have a larger hotspot, and a slightly less ringy beam per one review. link

Selfbuilt's review show higher output than the MRV, but the light has all sorts of issues. link

Latest posts