Defiant flashlights from Home Depot

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I picked up a second Defiant 1000 lumen flashlight yesterday. Same tint and beam pattern as the first one, and it had the same issue with dust inside the lens so I need to clean it out. Overall I'm happy with the price/performance ratio on this light!

Oh and it feels like a truck axle when I pick it up.

BobLight

Newly Enlightened
I bought the 650 lumen 3D Defiant today. I was going back and forth between this and the 1000 lumen model and decided on the 650 because of the side switch. I haven't tried it out yet, probably tomorrow night. Do any of you have both of these? What do you prefer? Or should I go back and get the 1000 lumen model too?

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
I have both, switch placement doesn't mean much to me, I found myself reaching for the tail switch of my 1,000 lumen when I was using the 650 lumen.

I see you are in MA too. better hurry, they're running out quickly.

I prefer the tint of the 1,000 lumen model, but I like the throw of the 650 better... overall, I think I like the 1,000 lumen model the best.

Can't go wrong for lifetime warranty and $29.

BobLight

Newly Enlightened
I have both, switch placement doesn't mean much to me, I found myself reaching for the tail switch of my 1,000 lumen when I was using the 650 lumen.

I see you are in MA too. better hurry, they're running out quickly.

I prefer the tint of the 1,000 lumen model, but I like the throw of the 650 better... overall, I think I like the 1,000 lumen model the best.

Can't go wrong for lifetime warranty and $29.

So the 650 out throws the 1000? Does the 1000 have a lot more flood? I got on of the 3C Defiant Superthrower or whatever they called it about a year ago, it was about 500 lumens with a side switch. I don't know how much brighter the 3D 650 will be over that, but the run time should be much longer. I hope! I'm south of Boston.

blademan

Enlightened
I just got a 1000 lumen model which was out of the package with some small dings at home depot for twenty bucks. I negotiated with an associate over the price! It works perfectly but it has character already.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not..........................................why....................................because it performs as well as lights I have spent not just more for one of the multiple cells they use but at 1/15 the cost............................ :p

I picked up a second Defiant 1000 lumen flashlight yesterday. Same tint and beam pattern as the first one, and it had the same issue with dust inside the lens so I need to clean it out. Overall I'm happy with the price/performance ratio on this light!

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
So the 650 out throws the 1000? Does the 1000 have a lot more flood? I got on of the 3C Defiant Superthrower or whatever they called it about a year ago, it was about 500 lumens with a side switch. I don't know how much brighter the 3D 650 will be over that, but the run time should be much longer. I hope! I'm south of Boston.

Just west of Boston at Hanscom AFB.

The spot on the 1,000 lumen model is much larger, probably from having three LEDs in one reflector, at first I was wondering why it didn't seem that much brighter at distance. A ceiling bounce quickly showed the difference in brightness.

wedlpine

Enlightened
Stopped in at Home Depot today and picked up the last two 650 lumen lights. They were less than $9.00 a piece. Also picked up a Defiant 4D lantern for less than $4.00.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
just got one of the defiant 650's ($8.56 after military discount and tax) some beamshots, -2 exposure. the other light is one of those zoom focus single AA lights that claim 300 lumen from amazon.

PIX
CREE XML
Aynm2Gd.jpg

beamshots of this and a one of the zoom focus fake single aa crees sold on amazon claiming 300 lumen
FQtT1JC.jpg

packaging. damn this is a big light
kkIgUGx.jpg

reflector/head
WXPRJS0.jpg

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, this is not cool...

Just picked up a 650 lumen 3D, and for $9, it pumps out more lumens (probably on less current), and way out-throws my beloved, highly custom, ENB (Every Night Bedside... lol), LED Zelda.

Sure, it doesn't have the features, regulation, runtime, quality, history, etc.... but, damn. Makes for a better home defense stick too.

Time to update some of my mods, big time!

Translation: For $9, I really like it!

Last edited:

geoturtle

Newly Enlightened
Our HD has the little Defiant (36 lumen) two-pack for $1.50 -- I figured at 75 cents a piece, they'd be just fine in the car glove box.

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened

Could you post a SKU # for me please ? Thanks. :)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not..........................................why....................................because it performs as well as lights I have spent not just more for one of the multiple cells they use but at 1/15 the cost............................ :p
My sentiments exactly, Bone.... which is why I'm suddenly planning a costly XML-2 and 1 Amp upgrade for Zelda, so I can be out-shined again by Home Depot in a few years for $9. :laughing: :mecry:

EDIT: Of course, the above is WAY oversimplifying, but... the great unlit will still guffaw, and we can't have that.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
My sentiments exactly, Bone.... which is why I'm suddenly planning a costly XML-2 and 1 Amp upgrade for Zelda, so I can be out-shined again by Home Depot in a few years for $9.

XM-L ain't the big gun after last holiday season, time to start thinking MT-G2 (I know I am..)

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bimb :wave: You are not only an old timer but a hot wire guy too? I bet you spent more on "Chief Frowning Bulb(s)" than these lights that can compare or even out perform them? :nana: I remember when unobtanium was a 100 lumen LED.............:banghead:

My sentiments exactly, Bone.... which is why I'm suddenly planning a costly XML-2 and 1 Amp upgrade for Zelda, so I can be out-shined again by Home Depot in a few years for $9. :laughing: :mecry:

EDIT: Of course, the above is WAY oversimplifying, but... the great unlit will still guffaw, and we can't have that.