DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Close. That is where I got them but they were called "Forward Tactical Click Switch for Romisen RC-G2, RC-29". Don't see them on his site anymore but those may work as well.

Good news! I sent an email to Bryan @ ShiningBeam.com and asked him if he still had the RC-G2 style, and he went back and found a box of 50 of them that he didn't know he had. He has listed it on the website here.

I just spoke with him by phone as I had just placed an order today for the earlier discussed version which he said was a different size. He was able to change to this G2 version before it had shipped out. For future reference, he said that he can also order more of these.

They are so cheap, I ordered a "bunch" extra just in case they disappear again.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
I got the McClicky to work. It was not very difficult, but definitely not a drop in solution. As usual, I proceeded through the process without taking any pictures. Kudos to those that document everything.

I like the feel and the actuation of the Surefire SW02 and the Z48-HA tail caps much more. The McClicky only requires a very light touch for momentary. Too light for my taste. Especially after using a Surefire which just feels right. I will try to find an appropriate I.D. and O.D. piece of electrically conductive tubing to cut and use as a spacer/bushing. As an alternative, the rear most portion of the battery tube that retains the grip ring could be turned down and the tail cap would then fully seat. You would also be able to lock out the tail cap which is impossible to do with the stock one.

If the RC-G2 style switch turns out to be a drop in solution and has a good feel, I will have to try one and compare it to the McClicky.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The RC-G2 is what Michael used in the EDC Enthusiast model. It is nearly a drop in, but you need one thing to make it work, namely a simple 1mm x 20mm (OD) metal washer, & with 11mm ID. This washer helps keep the smaller diameter switch centered and grounds the switch to the wall. You also need to clip off the protruding nub inside the rubber switch cover.

lightdelight

Newly Enlightened
The RC-G2 is what Michael used in the EDC Enthusiast model. It is nearly a drop in, but you need one thing to make it work, namely a simple 1mm x 20mm (OD) metal washer, & with 11mm ID. This washer helps keep the smaller diameter switch centered and grounds the switch to the wall. You also need to clip off the protruding nub inside the rubber switch cover.

Thanks for looking into this. :)