DEFT-High Output Got Lux?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, that's it...... I want on the mailing list and I want one of these new models NOW, AS IN LAST WEEK! :naughty:

Seriously, please put me on the top of the list for this as soon as they are ready. Just tell me when and where to send the arm, the leg and both first born..

Cpt. Thomas
Send me your email address via my contact page. I cannot however put you at the "top" of the list as it is not in any particular order. First come first served.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any more news on these?
Still waiting on an order of small lenses to arrive. I have had a certain surplus lens supplier send 5 orders to me and every single one has has something wrong. They almost sent a sixth wrong order. I should have had these lenses a month ago but they like to substitute other lenses of their own choosing when they don't have what you ordered. They have proved to be far more unreliable than DX or KD has ever been. I have never seen such incompetence in my life. Needless to say I am moving on to another company. So this means that I cannot get these lights out at the beginning of this week like I had hoped. I am peeved to say the least but there is nothing I can do about it unless I compromise on the quality of the lens. That's not going to happen. Thanks for your patience folks.

h22

Newly Enlightened
I would like to get on the list for this if there will be a list !

I missed out on the last run and I don't want to miss put again.

i want one i want one i want one !!!

Walterk

Enlightened
Its great to see how you can still get more and more candlepower out of the same concept. Your efforts show that where there is will (and effort) there is a way!

Hope when you post pics, the pics also show how the precollimator lens is arranged. ( Seems no one posted pics of this so far? )

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
As long as you are reconfiguring, I would request that you redesign the tail cap. The lanyard included is less than satisfactory for most people. I tried to put a new split ring on the light and had a lot of trouble getting down into the tail cap to get it on. To be fair I have a lot of arthritis and it makes it doubly hard. I finally got it on and now can put a much sturdier lanyard on the light. Just out of curiosity if the light were to be dropped how likely would it be that it would be severely damaged? If it were damaged, do you do repairs?

By the way the deer snacking on my new trees in the yard hate that light. After a few seconds of light in the eyes they have a really hard time moving around for awhile.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just sent info. hopefully I got it to you soon enough!
I have you on the notification list. Please keep in mind that this does not guarantee you a light. It just means I will tell you via email when they are ready and if you get back quick enough at that time you get one.

Its great to see how you can still get more and more candlepower out of the same concept. Your efforts show that where there is will (and effort) there is a way!

Hope when you post pics, the pics also show how the precollimator lens is arranged. ( Seems no one posted pics of this so far? )
There is no real trick to it. The pre-collimator fits just over the LED. Nothing to really show. Thanks for the compliments though. I am always looking for ways to improve. That will never change.

As long as you are reconfiguring, I would request that you redesign the tail cap. The lanyard included is less than satisfactory for most people. I tried to put a new split ring on the light and had a lot of trouble getting down into the tail cap to get it on. To be fair I have a lot of arthritis and it makes it doubly hard. I finally got it on and now can put a much sturdier lanyard on the light. Just out of curiosity if the light were to be dropped how likely would it be that it would be severely damaged? If it were damaged, do you do repairs?

By the way the deer snacking on my new trees in the yard hate that light. After a few seconds of light in the eyes they have a really hard time moving around for awhile.
I'm sorry you had some difficulty attaching the split ring. I will consider that if a total redesign is done.The DEFT-HO does come with a much better lanyard though. LuxLuthor has told me on many occasion to look at changing that out and I finally listened to him. Nice to have some feedback on the effect the DEFT has on the animals as this subject comes up from time to time. Do you have any other thoughts or observations in this regard? Thanks!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well just as a little update I thought I'd let you know that the new order of lenses came in the other day. This would be the sixth shipment and the first from a new supplier. They were wrong again!! I have spent a lot of time just dealing with these companies through emails and then all the shipping back and forth. I had intended on offering up a larger batch but all I have managed to scrounge up of the proper lenses is about 7. So depending on what I hear back from the new supplier Monday I may just put up this small batch. It is kind of out of my hands at the moment.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is to notify you that 6 DEFT-HOs, the longest throwing LED flashlight in the world, are available for sale. I have had great difficultly in getting these out due to tracking down the correct lenses. The pre-collimator in the required spec is hard to find at reasonable prices.

The HO(High-Output) is based on the FTP and uses the shock resistant bezel but has several key parameters optimized. Here is a list of the HO upgrades from the FTP.

1.7A driver
The LED is soldered directly to solid copper.
AR coated glass pre-collimator
Leather lanyard
Higher precision main lens
Silver coated beryllium copper springs

Let's put this in perspective. The FTP smoked all the other LED lights out there and it was doing about 135K lux@ 1m typical. The HO is like taking the FTP and adding three more Tiablo A9s all into one beam. The typical performance as measured by my equipment was 180K lux!! I have even seen some perform over 200K.
The price is $375 plus shipping costs.

This is a first come first served sale.

How to order

Send me an email to omglumens "at" gmail dot com with "DEFT HO order" in the subject line.

Please provide me with your zip code if you live in the US or, if outside the US, your country so I can calculate shipping. Everything I ship goes via USPS Priority w/ insurance. As always I put the full value of the light on the customs forms and will not under any circumstances do otherwise. That means if you live in a country other than the US you will most likely be obliged to pay a customs or duty fee. Residents of Texas will also be responsible for any state taxes.

So the two things the email should contain are "I want one" and where you live.

After I have had time to figure out who gets what I will send you an email to let you know what your total is and payment instructions. After I send the return email with the total you have 24 hours to remit payment.

Note that I will not accept any order through PM as my CPF inbox cannot handle it. It must be through email.

I have tried to remove everyone who has already purchased from the notification list but if I am in error or you want removed from any further notifications please let me know. What I generally do is leave anyone on the list who did not make it. Thanks everyone! -Michael

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah.. It explains why you've been so busy! Good luck with your sale!!
No flashlight collection is complete without a DEFT!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got everyone's emails. It was a busy day yesterday as I spent most the day working on getting my sister's car running. In all the mess I forgot to post here that they had already sold out. It only took a few hours as usual. It was a small batch and more are coming soon as we already have the lights built and are waiting on some more small lenses to get here so we can get the rest of the lights out. Thanks for your support everyone!

h22

Newly Enlightened
FFFFFFFUUUUUUU@@@@@@%%%%%%%&&&&&***(())^&^%^%$#$#KKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed out again!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:...

I can only hope that the optics issue will be resolved and I can get in on another run, I NEED THE HO!!!!