DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

Boss Hoss

Newly Enlightened
Have sent Michael a couple of email's and have a call into him. Need this light for predators because without the spill is going to be just the ticket. Have a bunch of lights from Wayne at you know where including the current scorchers but this is in a league by itself! Cannot wait to see how the reviews go on this.

Would love to do one myself. .

hikingman

Enlightened
While you're all waiting, read about the "Black Bullet", in the Homemade Section for further entertainment. :)

What's an xtra 50,000cd's going to do for ya? The moon's outta reach, and the earth curves :wave:

Anyway, judging by the still limited number of pics, I'd say the DEFT-X has it all over the BB in spit 'n polish.

As an aside, I urge all the astrophotographers out there to get their photos done before too many more of these big throwers hit the streets. It harks back to the days of my childhood and all those big "grand opening" lights.

:devil:

Dave

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I hope people realize that all of us shining these lights up into the sky is going to bring aliens to Earth, although it will take at least a dozen light years before they see it--unless they are already in route.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I hope people realize that all of us shining these lights up into the sky is going to bring aliens to Earth, although it will take at least a dozen light years before they see it--unless they are already in route.

I think it would take a dozen years if they are 12 light years away now....whether en route or not. The math is easy though, as the light travels one light year per year...so for every light year away they are, it takes a year for the light to get there. If they are one light year away, they get the light in one year...but, if traveling at the speed of light, they'll BE HERE in one year, and so forth.

:D

Given the existing light pollution, I'm not sure the few light canons we fire off will be statistically significant or not...but, I've always wanted to see aliens.

Hopefully we're not viewed as a food source, or, as an obstacle in a planned interplanetary super highway, etc.

hikingman

Enlightened
I think it would take a dozen years if they are 12 light years away now....whether en route or not. The math is easy though, as the light travels one light year per year...so for every light year away they are, it takes a year for the light to get there. If they are one light year away, they get the light in one year...but, if traveling at the speed of light, they'll BE HERE in one year, and so forth.

:D

Given the existing light pollution, I'm not sure the few light canons we fire off will be statistically significant or not...but, I've always wanted to see aliens.

Hopefully we're not viewed as a food source, or, as an obstacle in a planned interplanetary super highway, etc.

They're coming after YOU for shining light in their eyes :devil:

Good!

Newly Enlightened
1346 here with shipping to Australia. Getting excited although I'm a bit down the list - mostly because I guess/hope we will see some fresh reviews to awaken our appetite soon. Please let us see some pictures once you get it - can't wait to see / hear your first impressions.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool to see some of these going out!

Im 1326 so it looks like I will have to wait a bit

Good!

Newly Enlightened
I bet it's going to be the OSTS T10
Doubt it - the OSTS T10 is out of stock according to the OSTS website. Could be the SmallSun ZY-C10-S perhaps. I've e-mailed Michael to hear if it's possible to trade up to e.g. a TN31mb. Wouldn't mind spending a bit extra now given that the wound from the sale of my left kidney has almost healed by now:) I hope Michael contacts us with options when he's ready to ship.