DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Husker, as I posted long ago, I ran my Deft-X for 20 minutes and it just got quite warm but not at all uncomfortable. It would even feel nice in winter. And the 5 coats of Plasti Dip I put on my handle are doing fine. I hate math and physics, but Michael's finding ways to tune the beam better I doubt changes the heat issue at all to any important degree. Actually all the warmth was mostly forward of the control ring and none really down the handle.

@Oztorchfreak, are those 2 lbs. of bacon part of the 1,000 lbs you promised to get you out of the "deft trap" that was dug for you, for your previously evil comments you made about BACON? I'll ask Lux, but I haven't received my alotment yet. Better hurry up or no Deft-X's go your way

...and hey, maybe I'm an oldie too. Age starts with a 7 :devil:

Mine starts with a 6.

I am having problems with Australian Customs in being able to ship that much pig out of the Country in one load.

This thread sometimes sounds like one big load of bull is being herded around this forum.

CHEERS

TEEJ

Flashaholic
? He got 950kcd out of a light than had previously been underperforming - how on earth is that anything like the cold fusion debacle?

Who says cold fusion is a debacle?

Cold fusion is the power of the future, and always will be!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question, if all of these miniscule tweaks are so vital to the candela ratings, will this light's performance be highly vulnerable to losing candela if it is dropped?

hikingman

Enlightened
Question, if all of these miniscule tweaks are so vital to the candela ratings, will this light's performance be highly vulnerable to losing candela if it is dropped?

Depends on whether it's dropped on the ground or in the ocean :devil:

Seriously though, I believe one of Saab's posts delt with the epoxy process of holding the collar in place and one of the two he used was for impact resistance. Not positive on this...

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok, i hope he comments, i don't plan to drop it but i can be a klutz sometimes. In general I was told that custom lights are more durable but all of this talk about 'tweaking things a hair in this or that direction' has me wondering

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

After the light engine is assembled the only way it will ever get out of alignment is if major components break loose entirely. I rate that as highly unlikely to happen.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Devildude

Enlightened
After seeing the DEFT-edc that I picked up from the marketplace in full darkness I am even more intrigued about the DEFT-X. Amazing throw for such a small package, I would imagine that bigger brother will be even more impressive. Very encouraged by your latest finding Michael, you deserve some good news and a nice break for a little while.