Die Komet > 24 x High CRi XP-G + Red + Nichia UV

mash.m

Enlightened
al combs, the NC4U133 without the "A" is the old one. You can´t buy them anymore. You can buy the Nichia UV Led from Lumitronix (ask them via mail) or direct from Nichia (with the inquiry). Lumitronix would more then 190 Euros for it. Nichia would "only" 113 Euro complete with shipping.

mash.m

Enlightened
there is one problem with the led strippe from pcb components. every time i switch on the light it flashes two time with the full brightness. if i am outside at night i am first blindet by 90 watt of led power. i am in contact with the programmer and hope that he can solve the problem.
i just programmed a tinny to generate the pwm, so i use the strippe only for the batterymanagement untill the problem are solved.

here is a picture from my selfmade switchmode controller:
4swf-gu-08b2.jpg

Al Combs

Enlightened
al combs, the NC4U133 without the "A" is the old one. You can´t buy them anymore. You can buy the Nichia UV Led from Lumitronix (ask them via mail) or direct from Nichia (with the inquiry). Lumitronix would more then 190 Euros for it. Nichia would "only" 113 Euro complete with shipping.
Thanks.:rock:

Foliveira_PT

Newly Enlightened
Great project, I love super powerful flashlights :devil:

The wiring diagram is also very good.

Just one question, did you use the pulldown resistors at the gate of the mosfets?

mash.m

Enlightened
i didn´t use external pulldown resistors. i used the attiny internal ones.
here is the corrected picture of the shematic. the led polarity was wrong and the strippe missed gnd:

j6nt-n-3769.jpg

mash.m

Enlightened
hi, i don´t know how the settings are if the µc is off. but i will take a look into the whitepaper. maybe some 10kohm pulldown will be a good adon if i disasamble the ligh again.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an outstanding light! Another Markus masterpiece.

Love all the wires coming out of the switch, and the bundle underneath that awesome home made driver.

Latest posts