Do these prices seem fair?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were in the UK the prices might be appropriate, though probably not in the U.S. Note that those prices are in GBP. Multiply the price by 1.87 or 1.9 to get an estimate of what the price will be after the currency conversion and commissions. For most of the stuff, you could probably get it directly from Surefire at full U.S. list prices for less, including shipping if applicable.

Cornkid said:
I found this site online, and have recieved several emails concerning the purchasing of these lights.

Do the prices seem fair. (they can be found on the pricelist)

http://torchreviews.net/

-tom

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me try and explain...

I have a lot of $£$£ invested in these. A *whole* lot. Most are as good as mint, having been bought new and hardly ever used. Some of those are rare or hard to find and no longer made. Prices for new SF lights in the UK are very very high (this high - see for yourself!) and even buying them overseas and importing them, there is shipping and customs charges to take in to account. I am not lying when I say the collecting of all these (and don`t mention the Arc stuff!) got me deep in debt for quite a long time, something which I look back on and deeply regret, but didn`t seem to care about at the time. Addiction is a strange thing.

Don`t forget also, those are all-inclusive prices for UK buyers including postage, packaging and Paypal`s inevitable cut of the proceeds. I have to charge extra for international shipping though, since it costs more and takes longer to sort out.

This is just a preliminary list, I`ve been out of the whole flashlight thing for long enough that I don`t know what the market is like, but had the understanding that SF stuff held on to its value. I need to see what will happen first, then revise it. If nothing sells then I`ll have to lower them. But I`m not just going to give them away either. Not these ones anyway. Can`t afford to.

:huh:

Last edited:

savumaki

Enlightened
Chris;

Please take a LARGE grain of salt with some comments.

Great items and for the collector there should be a lot of interest; for me I am a klutz who just uses them which would be sacriligious although I will wait to see what happens to the mfg 'donated' items, just maybe :sssh::sssh::sssh:.

Hang in there (it was a great site)

Karl

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Understood. As such the prices in your listing would be appropriate for people in the UK and the EU. Surefire's prices in the U.S. do differ by a bit. The original poster is in the U.S. and that what the response was directed at, a comparison of the prices that you had listed and the what some of the lights that you had listed might cost in the U.S. directly from Surefire or one of their U.S. vendors.

Chris M. said:
Let me try and explain...

Prices for new SF lights in the UK are very very high

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Surefire collectors in the US are lucky, especially compared to this country!

Don`t forget, though, that many of the lights I am selling are not the sort of thing you can just call up Surefire and buy, not any more anyway. Several of them are no longer made and there are quite a few scarce ones like the coloured 3Ps and Winelights that are, I would like to think, quite desirable to hardcore SF collectors. I`m sure if I were still one, it would be hard to resist. The original 1998 M3 has a promotional flyer included, issued at the time when SF were announcing that new Millennium light, which might be interesting especially to a SF "completist". So please don`t dismiss it completely even if you are in the US!

I may be open to negotiation too.....