Do you always carry a flashlight or only at night?

Rono8582

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore tube always on mine and wife's keychain, one in work bag , one in each car, and if its bad weather or winter with early night, one more on my person.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
This thread is bordering on a Zombie Thread, but here goes:

A Fenix E15 is always with me (at least wherever my keys are), plus my camera's LED with Humberto's Flashlight app. Just because there's a Sun in the sky doesn't mean it's not dark where you are. :)

nimdabew

Enlightened
Always. My PD22UE is so light it rides in any pocket with ease and is bright enough where I don't have to worry about most lighting situations.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
24/7. Either an E1D or E2D. and/or P1R. +extra batt +charger on edc bag. I might forget to bring my mobile phone, but not a light. :candle:

wjv

Enlightened
Always. . .

I actually use it a lot during the daytime.

Illuminating: under a desk; trunk of a car; closet; reading a credit card # where the number is printed in dark grey on a black card. . . .

I was just in Ikea last weekend and realized that I was basically inside of a big windowless box. . . If the power went out it could get real dark. I'm sure they have emergency lighting, but who knows how well that would actually work.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Always here too. An Aeon around my neck, and recently a Malkoff M61 Throw in the daytime.

Bill

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being well known as a flashaholic amongst my friends, you'd be surprised how many times during daylight hours somebody asks you for some light. Yes, I always have at least two lights within arms reach if I'm awake and not swimming. It's just so easy to have a light stashed in a jacket pocket or a pants pocket and not even notice it until you need it.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always (Zebralight H600w)
With the dark I try to have with me at least a headlamp and a flashlight (PD35)

david57strat

Enlightened
I generally EDC these five lights (The L2N way on the Right, isn't usually in my EDC):

Left to Right:

• Thrunite T10 (cool white) - 14500 battery
  • Thrunite T10 2014 Edition (neutral white) - 14500 battery
  • Nitecore EA11 - 14500 IMR
  • Solarforce L2P with Sportac Triple Nichia 219 2-mode drop-in - Panasonic NCR18650PF (IMR - 2900 mAh)
  • Solarforce L2N with Custom Erik Kress XM-L 7C 5-mode - Panasonic NCR18650PF (IMR - 2900 mAh) - Not usually EDC'd.
  • up front: EagleTac P20C Mk II - 17650 EagleTac battery

At work, I generally only on-person carry the P20C in the left front pocket of my pants, and the rest are holstered, in my pack, which I always have, at work.

Sometimes, I'll rotate others in (Like a Fenix E50, Nitecore P25 and/or CB6, and others, depending on what my needs are, or where I'll be going for the day.

This pretty much supplies me with a huge range of tints from which to choose.

Tint options are a good thing
biggrin.png
tongue.png

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never go anywhere without the Nitecore Tube, last time it used to be Lummi Raw NS but I received the Tube as a gift and it is a very good light, e.g. at a friends apartment, he had called for a contractor to come to take a look at the water tank as the heater was leaking on and through the false ceiling, the contractor climbed up the ladder, whipped out his made in somewere, with some sort of LED light and DIMLY illuminated the tank, I pull out the Tube and from below light up the scene. Moments that we live for eh?

I live in Singapore, one of the most well lit cities in SEA and the Tube is good enough for most situations though what sort of CPFer would I be if I don't carry an EDC, ArmyTek Prime A1 (non Pro) :)

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
I always now have a keychain flashlight with me, and wonder how I lived without it. Working in IT, it helps finding ports, connections, and sockets underneath dark tables, etc. It is also useful when walking in urban areas at night when a bit of extra light is required.

DesertNightOwl

Newly Enlightened
Ukiah, CA and Fallon, NV depending on the day
I usually carry 3, a small pocket light with a clip (t20, micro stream), a keychain light (solitaire was requisitioned by my wife so I'm waiting for my EO5), and a pistol light ( was a tlr3 but I swapped out for a foxfury awl). I used my weapon light as a primary but decided it have away my concealed firearm and started carrying a pocket light.
20150818_171114_1.jpg

Last edited: