Does anybody have tested the Trustfire XML-T6 15000 lumens? I did.

donmichaelo

Newly Enlightened
Friends:

I tested the Trustfire 15000 lumens. By no way I consider it has more than 3500L as much.
Compared with Tiny Monster T26 and Jetbeam DDR30 it looks like a dwarf. Much, much dimmer and less floody.
I truly consider it a throw flashlight. I don't consider it is a "fiasco" but by no way reach more than 3000L!!
Moreover, it doesn't appear in the Trustfire website!

Any comment?

DonMich

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there,

I like some budget lights, I have (had) several Solarforces and I have one Convoy. But I will never get any other "-fire" brand than Surefire. These many different budget -fires propably have the same manufacturer and never stand up to the claims. The lumen outputs are not close to the advertised, and they are not regulated. The quality of circuits and drivers is low.
You can understand that the performance can't be close to as high as advertised when 15000lm are claimed to be runned by 3x18650s. With the latest LED technology and highest efficiency of today you can count with not much more than ~1000lm/cell. And still that will not provide more than a very short time stable output. So for 15000lm you would need ~15 18650s to provide the required power!
With other words, the performance off these lights are extremely exaggerated.

Last edited:

donmichaelo

Newly Enlightened
It is so...but with this 15000 Trustfire I was tented to get it since it used EIGHT 18650 batteries so...I pulled the trigger....
It wasn't bad but I may assure you that it might reach 2-3000 lumens as much. It is heavy, not that big...and I got it at Amazon for just US$75 so, not too much.
However coming back to Amazon it disappeared and it is getting by another party for almost US$200 now!!!(?)

Thanks for replying

Donmich

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is so...but with this 15000 Trustfire I was tented to get it since it used EIGHT 18650 batteries so...I pulled the trigger....
It wasn't bad but I may assure you that it might reach 2-3000 lumens as much. It is heavy, not that big...and I got it at Amazon for just US$75 so, not too much.
However coming back to Amazon it disappeared and it is getting by another party for almost US$200 now!!!(?)

Thanks for replying

Donmich

Ok, I thought it was 3 18650s(or 26650s), read that number when I sought information of the light. But yes; 8 cells is still too few for such a high output.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
In my experience the SupFire M6 and L1 lights are good quality for the price and the M6 is used as the basis for some heavily modified lights by Mountain Electronics. MUCH better internal quality than SkyRay King and clones including a one piece head with machined in LED mounting table.

trueledgrowlights

Newly Enlightened
Claim of light is always a bit higher then its actual deliver as they mention in the manual performance always varies according to the different condition.