Does anyone here post on the CPF facebook group?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Just curious. I rarely get on facebook or any social media these days, but I jumped on a couple of days ago to look around, and took a look at the CPF group to see if there were any interesting discussions.

I was surprised at how few and far between the posts were. When there was one, there was very little commenting (like 2 or 3 comments, if that), and very few likes (like 6 or 7).

Sometimes it's like that here also, but there does seem to be much more discussion here on most topics and/or questions than there is on the FB group. I'm guessing it's the older crowd here, for the most part, and the younger crowd there. I guess they don't really care to take the time to talk much about lights. Some of the groups, like different motorcycle brands and guitar brands do have quite a bit of activity.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Sometimes it's like that here also, but there does seem to be much more discussion here on most topics and/or questions than there is on the FB group.
The Facebook UI is terrible for discussions as it's in Zuck's best interest for you to never see the same content more than once.

People used to go there when the CPF forum site was being repaired by Greta. You'd log in and see "site is down, go to our facebook page" or similar. There was never much traffic there.
This. It's never been an alternative channel for the site. And no reason for it to be - the revenue-generating banner ads are on CPF.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been ages since I popped into the CPF Facebook group – seems like it's gotten pretty quiet. Honestly, I'm not too thrilled with the Facebook algorithms and audience these days, so I'm not a frequent visitor. I made the switch to Instagram a while back, finding it more progressive and suitable for online promotion.
They are the same company now.