DQG SPY ?

ven

Flashaholic
Few pics as received today:D and love it,great light and so so small,i knew it was tiny but it still took me by surprise :laughing:
Come with a d25a and t10s in mail

Bust O ring and not easiest job tbh to fit a spare,now i know why you get 4 O rings :laughing:

Spare cells and a case for an adapter of spare cell carry

How small

In the mouth of the tk61vn

Charger proved a little awkward on laptop for moving,so set it up on kitchen side after this pic

Love the DQG simple UI ,head loose,tighten a little for low,fully for high............great i like!!

trit

Last edited:

Blue Steel

Newly Enlightened
That is really neat. I like how tiny that little guy is. Could you give some beam shots, outside or around the house, please?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam is all flood with no throw. Similar to a mule or Preon PO. The UI is nice - tighten to L and keep turning to H. I have the neutral emitter and the tint is very nice. And the output with the small li-ion is very bright. I have a few 10180 lights and this is the smallest. I had to replace the o-ring, clean the threads and apply lube when I got it. No big deal and I do that with most of the lights I buy. A really tiny light that puts out a lot of floody light.

ven

Flashaholic
To add ,I tried the i4 charger with the spacer/case with success,no heat on cell,took around 20 mins to charge.
At first I stopped charge every 3 mins for a few seconds and had all the other bays charging.Then on 2nd cell just used one bay,again issue free.I won't go against advice/grain but I had success so far with this method .Not a recommendation!

Another pic next to case/charger spacer.

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
I have mine in CW and its sort of blue-ish. I think NW tint it'd much better for the flood beam.

ven

Flashaholic
I went for 4c iirc so neutral/warm,nice tint anyway and i would love to say its growing on me...........it just isnt,its shrinking :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats hazna:twothumbs beautiful pics too,hope you like it as much as i do mine.I love it that much i have a brass one on the way called the "fairy"............not keen on name :laughing: spy is a bit more.........erm:thinking: manly :laughing:

yatsunil

Newly Enlightened
I just got my DQG spy!

I thought I'd share a few photos on my old neglected blog:
http://keychainpockets.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/dqg-spy-10180-photos.html

Nice photos! I'm still undecided between the DQG Spy and the Quantum D2. If I get the Spy I gotta factor in the cost of the spacer/case and/or a charger from cottonpicker. If I go with the D2, then I'll have to contend with the QTC which may deteriorate over time - gotta buy spares.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other! What to do????!!!

BigJoeXXL

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a keychain light over the last few days. I really like the DQG SPY. But they are out of stock at cnqualitygoods. Is there any place that has it in stock??

ven

Flashaholic
I got mine from banggood,maybe check there,i have just ordered the brass version for £17 with trit from there too.

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
If I am not mistaken they ran out of CW onmy. Just shoot them email see what they say.

yatsunil

Newly Enlightened
+1 perfectly advised:twothumbs

Two is one and one is none right? :thinking:

Seriously though....since this will reside on my keychain and see only occasional use I don't think I wanna spend so much $$ getting both.

And since the Spy seems to be out-of-stock at most places, I think the decision has been made for me. :grin2:

hazna

Enlightened
Personally I prefer the DQG spy over the 40DD. I find to get max brightness from he 40DD, you have to tighten the light very hard... to the point where I'm concerned I'm squashing the battery. Mind you, I have an early version of the 40DD and not the latest incarnation.

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
Personally I prefer the DQG spy over the 40DD. I find to get max brightness from he 40DD, you have to tighten the light very hard... to the point where I'm concerned I'm squashing the battery. Mind you, I have an early version of the 40DD and not the latest incarnation.

Out of these two I prefer quantum D2. You are right has to turn all the way down but I found that never really need the maximum brightness on it.

rpm00

Enlightened
I am actually not really a fan of the D2 because of the QTC. I find it's unreliable, sometimes gets bright and sometimes even though it's tightened very right still doesn't seem to be at max. And also flickers while adjusting. It looks way better than the DQG but as a light it's not really great.
I'll continue to watch reviews of this DQG and see if it appears to be more reliable. If so I'll probably pick one up to replace my D2.