• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Drake / Draco Payment === (PART 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryhavok

Enlightened
Jonathan,

Is there any way to upgrade the LED in my Draco? I've had my TiCn Draco on my keychain for a couple of years now and it looks and functions incredible. The finish has withstood better than I could have ever imagined.

Anyway, the LED is a P-bin XR-E (that was the best available at the time of purchase)...Any way to upgrade to a R2?

niner

Enlightened
Draco is indeed beautiful. I have it for a couple months, and carry it around my neck almost everyday. Here's a picture of it along with its BIG brother, Colossus.
IMG_1897.jpg

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Jonathan,

Is there any way to upgrade the LED in my Draco? I've had my TiCn Draco on my keychain for a couple of years now and it looks and functions incredible. The finish has withstood better than I could have ever imagined.

Anyway, the LED is a P-bin XR-E (that was the best available at the time of purchase)...Any way to upgrade to a R2?

On my Draco it is very easy to get access to the LED, but I do not know how difficult it is to remove the old led.

DSC_4664.jpg

cryhavok

Enlightened
Thanks for the picture...I have not seen how the LED was mounted before in the Draco.

I always thought the heads were glued down or something. I just tried to unscrew the front section and after a few hard turns, the front loosened up. I guess it's time for an upgrade :cool:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter Atwood: I'll get your light out soon.
Varriano: PM Sent
cryhavok: It's an easy upgrade for the recent batch. Earlier units are a little more challenging due to the thermal epoxy.

Once you get the head open desolder the wires. Use a heat gun to remove the the existing LED.

When installing the new LED use the wire holes to help you center the LED die. (I have a fixture, however this process works just as well.)

Any question just post or PM and I'll try to help.

Guys this thread is a tad bit too long. Here's the Continuation Thread.
Sorry, MODS for taking so long with the cont. part. This thread can now be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts