Duravisionpro XLT-1300

LG&M

Enlightened
Dura Visonpro XLT-1300 http://www.duravisionpro.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=XL-1300
I received this light from holtz58 for review.

Specs.
OD 7/8"
ID 11/16"
OAL 5"
Head 1"
Button 1/8"
Uses 2 CR 123 batteries
Has a plastic lens.
It has 2 orings in the tail and 1 in the head . I left it turned on in a glass of water for 15 minuets with no problem.
The body is well made with flat black anodizing that is very even & matching on all parts.
The light uses a optic to get the lumens out and it work very well it has very good throw with very little artifacts also
this sample has a nice white tint.
The forward clicky had momentary on and worked with out fail. However it is on the small side and momentary on is easy to
use it can be a little hard to click on. Using one old battery I was able to get the LED to light down to 2.7 Volts. It should be a good battery drainer. The claimed lumens is 80. I will say at least 70+-.
I EDC the light for 2 days in my jacket pocket and the right leg pocket of some carpenter pants. Using it for everything my
normal light would be used for. Also I took it to the shooting range and shot with it using a Glock 27 & 30 , S&W 642
and Sig GSR 1911. It was bright enough in the dimly light range but the small switch made it harder to turn then I would
like.
The best story I have about this light is About when our dog got out of the yard. The other night. I could hear other dogs barking to the
West so off I went. As I crossed the street I saw a truck coming about two blocks away going faster then the posted 25 MPH.
I shined the light at them And they quickly slowed down. I saw our dog coming back across the street just as I got to the other side.
The truck was only about 20 feet away now. I thought the dog was going to be hit so
I walked in front of them waving the light back and forth. As I picked up the dog & crossed the street to go home. :thumbsup:
I would prefer a light with more spill And I don't use 2 cell lights much but this one works well & throws great. I like it. If any one has any questions I will try and answer them. Thanks for reading.

clg0159

Enlightened
It is a 1-watt Cree emitter..

LG&M,
Nice save! My boxer also enjoys escaping to check out the neighbors.:tsk:

LG&M

Enlightened
Thanks clgo159, I believe it to be a P4 Cree. I am new to writing reviews and probably left out a lot of info.
I think what impressed me the most was the throw and the over all"feel" of the light. The threads are a bit course but the finish is good and it feels solid in the hand.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't the guy who brought this up mention selling them for $25? I'll take one at that price as long as shipping is included.

LG&M

Enlightened
I got my SF E1B last night. I was playing, I mean Testing it along side the DuraVision They throw about the same and the brightness was close. Although it is one cell -V-two cells. I think they both have a place.
adirondackdestroyer if you get one I would like to hear what you think. your reviewer skills surpass mine.