DX 1200 Lumen Cree Q5 drop-in help wanted.

Old-Lumens

Newly Enlightened
I'm lazy and don't want to buy a T8. I use a 2mm ball head allen wrench. Slip it in, turn to "feel" when it starts to engage. Push very hard while twisting. Once it pops loose, it turns out fine and tightens the same way.
Just FYI if anyone does not have a T8 or is lazy like me.

The_Police

Enlightened
T8 for sure. Just went and checked mine to be sure. Even though I had read the reports it was a T8 I made sure.
It seems like when I ground mine down that the shaft had to be almost a little smaller than the actual head of the T8 for it to work good.

Ok, that is why I was unsure about the T8 being correct. I looked closer and now I see that the very tip of my screwdriver will go down into the switch. It looks like a have to turn off bit of metal with a lathe. I'm afraid that if I use a grinder I'll screw it up and have a wavy surface. Thanks for confirming the T8 for me though!

I'm lazy and don't want to buy a T8. I use a 2mm ball head allen wrench. Slip it in, turn to "feel" when it starts to engage. Push very hard while twisting. Once it pops loose, it turns out fine and tightens the same way.
Just FYI if anyone does not have a T8 or is lazy like me.

I tried this, but the only time I could feel anything "catch" was if I tightened the setscrew. Otherwise it just slipped around. I pushed plenty hard too, I had the ball head allen wrench bending a little while gripped parallel in a pliers and braced up against the back on the wire cutter, but I couldn't get the allen wrench to grab on. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Latest posts