• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired E-series xpg drop-in with 1.4 amp 3-mode driver and copper heatsink

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I am working to finish the last few orders in this wave...I am awaiting a driver and a couple emitters and then I will be all set to finish and ship. I estimate that they will all be shipped by next Wednesday. I realize this is a bit beyond 2 weeks for some of the orders and for that I apologize. I will keep you posted.

For anyone else interested in a drop-in: I have not yet decided whether I will continue to make these to order, or instead make a batch and sell them ready to ship. I would like to offer these without the wait, but I also want to be able to offer things like custom driver levels. Once I decide what course to take I will let everyone know. Thanks for all of the support and feedback.

-Jon

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks for the update Jon, I was beginning to wonder... I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
Outstanding orders will be shipped by tomorrow afternoon, I apologize for the additional two day's delay. These always take a little longer than I expect, which is why I will probably change to pre-made drop-ins so they sell ready-to-ship. I appreciate everyone's patience so far I know it's annoying to wait for a new mod to arrive.

-Jon

thekwyjibo

Newly Enlightened
Outstanding orders will be shipped by tomorrow afternoon, I apologize for the additional two day's delay. These always take a little longer than I expect, which is why I will probably change to pre-made drop-ins so they sell ready-to-ship. I appreciate everyone's patience so far I know it's annoying to wait for a new mod to arrive.

-Jon

For what its worth, on my end, I have no issue waiting a little longer given the ability to have some customization is worth the wait. Perhapse some pre-made with an option for custom ones for a bit more?

-Russ

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
I understand and agree, and I am always open to requests for custom work. I think the ability to have the tint you want and custom mode levels with or without memory are where most of the value in these drop-ins lies. Still, I think I would like to offer some off-the-shelf options for those who just want a functional drop-in in a short amount of time. I'll have to do some more thinking before I either open another wave or start selling them ready-made.

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened
I still have not shipped any drop-ins, I will be re-flowing the emitters and soldering the leads tonight and tomorrow, I realize I am running far behind my two week projection, again I apologize. I will make sure to post on Saturday with an update, as well as PM's with tracking. I appreciate everyone's continued patience, I hope these will be worth the extended wait to everyone.

-Jon

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: E1E xpg drop-in with 1.4 amp 3-mode driver and copper heatsink

Hi Norcimbus,
unfortunatley I seem to have missed this 20 piece run.

If the driver is L--> M--> H, I would be interested in at least one module
* potted,
* neutral led
* internatl. shipping
in case You decide to do another run

... as I did not find infos to the driver, what will the three stages be, roughly?
high is 1.4 A, but the others?
Has it remember last setting, or does it start with 1st level?

tsl

Enlightened

Jon,

I didn't see this specifically addressed, but the driver has memory, correct? How long does the light have to be turned on for memory to take effect? Also, the modes are L-M-H?

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Hi Everyone,

I have finished most of the drop-ins, the only that are still in progress are the two that require custom dimensions (Mike and Chuck). Those should be finished later tonight. I will send tracking info to everyone by PM when I ship Monday. Thanks again for showing so much patience I really appreciate it.

Tsl, more information about the driver I use can be found at illuminationsupply or shiningbeam, they both sell the 1.4amp max 3-mode driver that I use. In short, there is mode memory and the time on to store the mode in memory is approximately 2-3 seconds (perhaps less but I find 3 seconds to be reliable). Modes are in L-M-H order.

-Jon

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Drop-ins finally shipping today, I will be in touch by PM with tracking info.

ryanj52

Newly Enlightened

Jon thanks for the update
Ryan

Last edited:

tsl

Enlightened

Can anyone comment on the beam profile and throw of this tower compared to the 120 lumen L4?

Chrisdm

Enlightened

Got mine yesterday, its really nice! Thanks,

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anything new in the works regarding these, or is everything up to date in this thread?

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

I am still working to finish up four of the drop-ins, some of which have custom dimensions and/or emitters, and due to the prolonged delay just about everyone has experienced I've decided to make any future drop-ins first then sell them ready-to-ship. I will post here once I am fully caught up and have a small inventory ready to sell. I will of course take requests for a specific configuration (tint, mode#, etc) just no more orders at this time.

-Jon

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened

I am still working to finish up four of the drop-ins, some of which have custom dimensions and/or emitters, and due to the prolonged delay just about everyone has experienced I've decided to make any future drop-ins first then sell them ready-to-ship. I will post here once I am fully caught up and have a small inventory ready to sell. I will of course take requests for a specific configuration (tint, mode#, etc) just no more orders at this time.

-Jon

Cool, I've been waiting for you to make another batch.. Please as soon as your ready I need a Cool 3 mode.. Thanks.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic. I've been trying to find a LED replacement for my e1e. About how many lumens does the lowest setting put out? I'd like to keep it around 15 if possible.