• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired E-series xpg drop-in with 1.4 amp 3-mode driver and copper heatsink

dkman

Newly Enlightened
Re: E1E xpg drop-in with 1.4 amp 3-mode driver and copper heatsink

I'll take: 1 Neutral + 1 Warm with International shipping.

PP Payment awaiting the int' shipping quote. Thank you.

kellyglanzer

Enlightened

I'll take one Warm: Q2 flux 90 CRI 3000K 7B tint with shipping to Canada. Please let me know if you need extra for that?
PP payment awaiting quote.
regards

Kelly

dkman

Newly Enlightened

I'll take: 1 Neutral + 1 Warm with International shipping.

PP Payment awaiting the int' shipping quote. Thank you.

Here's the :paypal: sign to complete my order.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

"I will begin building orders in the order they are placed, please allow up to 2 weeks from the time the order is placed until shipment of the order."

Quick question:

Do you begin building as parts come in, or only when the entire "wave" is full?

LEDAdd1ct

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Good question: I begin making the drop-ins as soon as I receive the order, the wave limit of 20 is just there in case there was a rush of orders, so I wouldn't be in over my head. It may take up to ~2 weeks (for seahunt it has been just over two weeks but they should be ready tomorrow) to finish them, but hopefully less time. I will try to anticipate demand but for now I am ordering parts as the orders come in. This is inefficient, but until I get an idea of how many of each tint to order it is the best way I think, and it allows for some customization such as the request for a single mode driver. If demand continues, I will extend the wave once I have shipped the first several on the list.

I will post here when I ship your order, as well as PM you with tracking information once I have it for your shipment.

-Jon

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened

Hi Jon

:paypal: for one Hi CRI Warm + international shipping

Cheers,

Glenn

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good question: I begin making the drop-ins as soon as I receive the order, the wave limit of 20 is just there in case there was a rush of orders, so I wouldn't be in over my head....I will try to anticipate demand but for now I am ordering parts as the orders come in. This is inefficient, but until I get an idea of how many of each tint to order it is the best way I think, and it allows for some customization...

I think this is good business for several reasons:

1) You don't get overwhelmed with a ton of orders

2) You don't have people's money for a long time with no product to show

3) It allows you to put more energy into "getting things right" instead of focusing on pumping out product

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

I agree. Time will tell, but I thought a lot about it and this is what I came up with. As it is I will still feel much better if I can further reduce the time between payment and delivery. As time goes on if demand continues I may be able to predict how many of each emitter to stock. Lots to learn.

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

Ok, here are a few pics of the final production version of the drop-in. I would also like to mention a few more details about the design:

The height of the emitter has been carefully optimized to achieve a uniform hotspot, with no donut-hole. The hotspot is large with a fairly well defined border, and nice even spill. The beam is floody, more so than the incandescent lamp this light comes with. I have included beamshots, however it should be obvious that my little canon powershot is less than ideal for clear pictures.

Concerning heat, this drop-in has never become uncomfortably warm during use at 1.4 amps, although the longest I have run the copper version is for ~10 minutes. The slip fit of the drop-in into the body tube appears to conduct heat from the drop-in reasonably well, although I recommend using thermal grease around the heatsink where it inserts into the body in order to maximize the heat transfer. The fit should just allow a thin layer of thermal compound to exist between the surfaces.

I am also offering epoxy potting of the driver for durability if desired. I don't do this automatically because I like the idea of being able to upgrade/replace drivers and emitters if needed, however I will be happy to pot the driver in arctic alumina if desired.

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

10-4-11_FlashlightImages%2520004.jpg

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one three mode (L-M-H) Warm: Q2 flux 90 CRI 3000K 7B tint.

PP and PM sent!

Last edited:

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

No problem, I will pot your driver.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I get my E2E body, can I mail it to you so you can craft the dropin to fit "just right?" You could custom tailor it to the body, and mail the tube back when you complete the dropin. I would include the serial number printed on the tube so you know who it belongs to. :)

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

LEDadd1ct,

Sure, I can fit the heatsink to your battery tube if you send it to me. I didn't list that as an option as I didn't think it would be attractive to anyone, however if I have the light body I can ensure the best possible fit. I may not be able to do this indefinitely, but for now the pace is gentle enough that I can keep track.

If anyone else wants to go this route, please let me know.

helios123

Enlightened

Hi

Can i have mine potted as well?

Glenn

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

No problem Glenn I'll put you down for potting.

helios123

Enlightened

How are these going? No news?

Norcimbus

Newly Enlightened

They're coming along steadily. I've posted updates to the original post, and there are pictures of the copper production version later in the thread. All materials have arrived for all of the orders placed so far, and I am on schedule to finish orders within the two week timeframe of when they were placed.

helios123

Enlightened

Didn't see that..

It looks nice! By the way just to remind you I want mine potted so can you update the OP and change mine to "potted Hi CRI" ? Just in case..

Cheers,

Glenn