E1, Maglite 2AA w/ xenon, UKE 2L, UKE 2AAA

brady5

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up an E1 ($55 from Leach), so thought I'd do a quick
comparison of my smallest lights. All lights tested had brand new batteries.

I have the side-by-side model of the UKE 2AAA. It's nearly small and
light enough to be keychain sized, and comes with a clip so it's easy to
mount. The hot spot had a very nice white color, though it was more
spider-shaped than round -- a very small hot core with white arms
radiating out. The amount of light this tiny light puts out is very impressive.
I've heard the 2AAA Princeton Tec puts out (the Blast?) has a similar or
slighter better output and possibly better hot spot, though doesn't come with
a clip for mounting.

The Maglite 2AA with the Brinkmann high-output bulb was more
impressive than the UKE 2AAA, but really, not by that much. The
Maglite's hot spot was bigger than the UKE 2AAA, though a bit yellower.
The total output was a bit more than the UKE 2AAA.

The E1 was a step up from the other two lights, with a much smoother
hotspot than the other two, although my E1 does have a shadow in the
center. Total light output is more than the other two. Pretty easy to notice
the difference, both for short- and long-range use. 'course, the light also
cost 5x more than the above lights.

The UKE 2L shouldn't really have been tested in this group, it's a good
amount brighter than the others, both its hotspot and total light output.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you "just pick one up" in the year 2000? Because when I tried to figure out what this topic was even about the only other internet reference I found was from 2000.
Good catch, it is copy/paste post from 2000,

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is pretty common, I have caught someone here once copy/paste my posts. I guess they rack up post count so they can post spam.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
If idiots would put as much time into doing a real job as they put into scamming, they could earn a good honest living. But I know plenty of idiots like that, some are even relatives.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Their brain is wired differently, they will not do a real job, scamming is what they believe their purpose and way of life, in some cultures scammers and liars are positive characters, and those who they scam are loser and need to be prayed upon.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never understood why anyone would scam when you could simply tresspass a protected computer system. Being in front of it and not hacking will help when you get prosecuted later....

If you stole, lets say a dollar shy of $25,000,000.00 or so and physically transferred the money to a numbered bank account in Singapore. Then turned yourself in, because you had a change of heart, but not such a big change as to give the money back right away or explain where it may have went to. Then as you are talking to some detectives or FBI agents you just say you have a drug problem which you blame for the reason you did the crime as to get RDAP to shave more time off your sentence. Then you go to court pled guilty and accept responsibility getting you like three downward departures.

At this point you are doing maybe 2 - 2 1/2 years in prison and they give away way too much time at halfway house especially for the types that have a drug problem. So that could even be like 18 months. Then when you are out you could slowly never repay your debt to society and have many millions if you don't skip the country entirely.

This is theoretical of course and involves weaknesses in the sentencing guidelines and other flaws of the justice system. Don't try this at home.

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
they send folks messages that post WTB. they get them to email them, and send them cash via a non-trackable method...until someone bites.