Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

For the D25C clicky, operating on a CR123a primary, what warning, if any, is there before it runs out of juice? Do high and/or turbo get dimmer? Does ML work but not turbo? Thanks in advance.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: Eagletac D25 Clicky Series Round-up Review (D25C, D25A2, D25LC2 - XM-L & XP-G)

D25C on sale
I wont buy it because of the PWM, that selfbuilt says is not there, and reppans says IS there.

I dont understand how selfbuilt can report no PWM when a user can see it.. maybe Im confusing all the different models?
It would be nice if the xml2 version were also on sale

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast

my favorite youtuber just reviewed this old flashlight as the best EDC flashlight of the 2016 year omg :

i am not fond of the black aluminum version but the titanium D25 clickies are arguably among the very best EDC ti lights from PRC. also wondering why he chose this over the Smini. in the 16340 form factor i'd prefer the Smini to the D25C because the Smini is more suitable for mouth carry, baseball cap carry, and can be equipped with a magnetic tail (from the S1).

well, i guess it's best to have em both. so no arguing lol.

Last edited:

zaanea

Newly Enlightened

Hi everyone,

I own several lights including the Eagletac D25A Nichia. Since this is a review post I thought I ad some information about de D25A.

I bought this D25A because of the high CRI and the interface. My previous EDC was the Fenix PD20. I really like the interface en that of the D25A is almost the same.
I was a bit disapointed actually by the waterproof test. The D25A claimes to be IPX8, but under a shower test it already showed condensation under the glass. First day out of the box.

You guys might wondering, why a shower test. Well I'm quite an acitve sportsman and often swimmer. And with my friends I had contest to always carry a light.
The Fenix PD20 goes with to the pool and very good in submersing under water and never shown leakage or condesation.

The D25A doesn't look that waterproof after its first non submerserive test.

I got some pictures of the results and also the size of the o rings if anyone is interrested?

DigMe

Enlightened

Is anyone using the 4.2v Foursevens high discharge rate rechargeable battery (the one that comes with the flex charger and Mini MK II) in your D25C? I realize you use medium mode on the D25C when using a 4.2v battery. Just wondering if anyone is using this combo and how it's working out for you.

epv

Newly Enlightened

For what it's worth, I just picked up a 2014(?) model - where the whole tube is knurled, rather than just in bands like newer ones - it's sold as (and looks like) an XM-L2 emitter. There is apparently some question about whether these do PWM, but I've just set mine up with an oscilloscope and a photodiode and can verify that this one at least very much does PWM except on full power mode. PWM frequency right now is 3976 Hz which I guess is sufficient to not be noticeable unless you're unusually sensitive to flicker. I may leave it as is so I can use the twisty mode switching, but on the other hand a different driver with firmware I can tweak myself is tempting.

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Can anyone say, does the latest version of the D25LC2 have mode memory?