• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eagletac D25A, D25A2, D25C, D25C2, D25LC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
I have been playing with all the D25 models since the 2nd of Sept. and I have to say they did a nice job on this light series but they just don't seem to be selling well in the 2cell models due to the twist operation everyone wants clicky's

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
My D25LC2(M) arrived today: The suffix M denotes, I think, mini. It's a fine light, a little cooler than I would normally choose but I can't complain about the cool white LED.(6,000K.), as it is artifact free and for such a small 'light throws extremely well. It is advertised as having very light OP reflector and it is that - The reflector is quite deep comparatively speaking and it really works.

The beam is clean and white without any off colors. The 2 lower modes have the merest suggestion of green in the hotspot but it is only noticeable on a white wall and in real world situations is not an issue. In high and turbo the beam is pure creamy white with an emitter that is perfectly centered and spotless.

The threads are brilliant! Silky smooth and a pleasure to use one handed. Eagletac has got it right with this Flashlight and considering the price, a real value for money item.

The anodizing is excellent and the printing (logos etc.) clear and sharp. The light functions flawlessly through all its' modes and defaults to low after a couple of seconds.
This Twisty comes with a rather useful battery magazine that prevents any rattle when using CR123s and the 'light takes an 18650 neatly. My AW flat tops need one small magnet to work: Button tops work fine.

A very good flashlight, especially for Au.$60.00 I'll be pouncing on a neutral or warm version and even a Hi CRI if that were ever to happen. :twothumbs

Last edited:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Hi Sparky's Magic.

Where do you get your Eagletac's locally, especially with 1/3 off?

From James Byrne at LED Torch Shop. A good mob to deal with! Fast same day shipping, tracking number and accurate descriptions.
They may not always have the exact model you're after, though I'm sure they could get it in.

Cheers and Good Luck.

It may be of interest: Strobe is not as far away as two full cycles. If you are in an environment that could be a bit 'dodgy' set-up the 'light in the second cycle, then if you are in high the strobe is two twists away; if in turbo the strobe is a single twist away - this is good till you switch off and then you have to repeat the process. I think it's easier to switch off than go through all the options. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Received a couple of D25 models... here are some quick pictures taken...

D25Series01.jpg

and in tail-stand position...
D25Series02.jpg

a tint comparisons...
D25Series03.jpg

you should note that the D25C Cool White I received have a pretty white tint, no greenish nor blue, but the D25LC2 Cool White seems too greenish at lower mode for my taste... Even the Neutral White models seems to be more on the greenish/pale-yellow side and less on the red/pink when compare to XP-E/XR-E Neutral White at lower mode. You really need to see it in person to not be mis-interpreted by my camera white balance... :nana:
btw, you may notice both the D25C in this pic is brighter than the D25LC2, all 4 lights are on their 2nd lowest mode, but the D25LC2 2nd lowest mode is indeed lower than D25C by spec. :poke:

here is another comparison shots of Cool vs Neutral... this time in High Mode, much nicer tint...
D25Series04.jpg

and another in Turbo Mode...
D25Series05.jpg

here is a comparison between the highest mode (Turbo Boost) between D25C and D25LC2...
D25Series06.jpg

notice the bigger spills of D25C vs the bigger hotspot of D25LC2? :shrug: (trust me... they are at equal distance from the wall)

and here is a short video of the Turbo Boost stepping down after 90 seconds...

I like these new D25 series holster/pouch... especially the D25C version...
and it's no surprise that D25C is the model I like the most in the series :twothumbs

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Can you tell us more about the neutral ones?
Hello MichaelW, what would you like to know?

here are a few more shots to show the closest tint match as seen by yours truly...
D25Series08.jpg

and another putting the D25LC2 Neutral White on High Mode
D25Series09.jpg

Strangely enough, I actually prefer the Cool White version over the Neutral White version for this series... now eagerly waiting for the HCRI version to arrive. :devil:

Tint aside, of all the models in the series, I like D25C the most. Compact, larger spills, good balance in brightness. Follow by the D25A2. Here is a picture showing the size comparison for a few AA lights...
D25Series07.jpg

I don't have a Quark Mini 2xAA on hand to do a direct comparisons, but this D25A2 sure looks similar to one. :nana:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if these were official Eagletac products, or that you neutralized them yourself.
The main Eagletac website moves at the speed of a glacier. I didn't see any mention of neutral on that 'beta' page. Nor on PTS or ET-usa.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
@MichaelW, these are official EagleTac (or EagTac :duh2:) products... it came in like this...
D25Box.jpg

:devil:
those neutrals are label 4000K at the side of the box as always... :)

oh... and this is how I like to carry mine...
D25Series10.jpg

that's D25C Neutral... cute and practical pouch! :thumbsup:

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Just picked up a D25C Mini last night - wow, what a light! I traded away my Quark 123 MiNi because it took two hands to do the twist, but the Eagletac is perfect! The D25LC is just as sweet, and perfect for one-handed operation - that one's on my list. And I can't believe the extras you get!

geomun

Newly Enlightened
I picked up the 25a2 a couple of weeks ago from an online dealer. Overall, I like it. It is definitely bright! More flood than throw. Going to give my dad a choice of birthday presents tonight. This Eagletac or the Sunwayman M20a I am going to look at on the way home today.

eagletacd25a2.jpg

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Anyone used the 14505 in the D25A instead of the 14500?

geomun

Newly Enlightened
he picked the M20A over the Eagletac. So now the 25a2 is mine. He liked the better throw and the clicky /magnetic ring combo of the sunwayman. The eagletac is definitely brighter for objects closer to the light. My bro in law loved the eagletac and price point of it. He is ordering one today. The accessories and included batteries from EagleTac are certainly a bonus. Nice light.

I picked up the 25a2 a couple of weeks ago from an online dealer. Overall, I like it. It is definitely bright! More flood than throw. Going to give my dad a choice of birthday presents tonight. This Eagletac or the Sunwayman M20a I am going to look at on the way home today.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Just finished low mode runtime test of EagleTac D25C, using Energizer CR123A primary cell (expiry 2016), the total runtime is 64 hours. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone point me to the d series page on the official EagleTac website? If they haven't yet added them, I wish they'd do so with updated specs, or at least fix the following discrepancy on the beta page I pointed out in August (along anything else as necessary):

d25a (medium) LED 44 lumens, OTF 19 lumens (should be 29)
d25c2 (medium) LED 34 lumens, OTF 24 lumens

Most won't care at all about such a trivial difference, so long as max level estimation is close. But that's just one inconsistency between the numbers themselves. We'd have no way of knowing if the actual measurements are the same, even if there weren't any more obvious relationship errors missed. I was told that final changes were still being made in the last minute, and numbers on the beta page were still subject to change. Everything looks the same, & I can't find them on eagletac's site.

These look awesome though- at 4" & .78" the d25c2 is so freaking small for a 2 cell cr123a light (I'm surprised quark hasn't released a similar sized mini to compete). Even the lc2 version is not much bigger. Do not care for multiple twist to cycle through modes, but too much else is so right with these. Thanks for all the info, pics, & beamshots RD. You're making it hard to patiently wait for the final specs.

TMCGLASSON36

Newly Enlightened
Anyone used the 14505 in the D25A instead of the 14500?

I have been running the 14505 in my D25a since I got it. I still have all three levels of brightness and it is alot brighter. I compared it to my Quark mini AA on 14505 and it is brighter still. The website says that if you use 14500 you loose medium but I don't have any yet to confirm. Just got the DC25A2 running eneloops and it is just as bright as the DC25A on 14505. Love these lights. One more thing when I was running 14505 in the minAA it would get hot in a hurry the DC25A doesn't get hot at all. Rated at higher voltage than the miniAA. On another note just got the P20A2 MKII XML and it rocks on eneloops. Eagletac has my business for now.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Just tried using AW RCR123 in my neutral D25C, and I think I just burnt the circuit in the light... :ohgeez:

My steps:
1. Check AW RCR123 Voltage reading: 4.02V.
2. Put AW RCR123 in the D25C Neutral and twist on.
3. Result: no light.
4. Take out the AW RCR123 battery. Smell the flashlight, there is a burning sensation coming from the body tube and the head. :oops:
5. Let the light rest for 10 seconds, put the EagleTac Primary CR123A battery in, twist on, light come on in moon mode.
6. Continue twisting to switch mode, light now cycle through moon mode, low, low, moon mode, low, low, blinky modes
7. Take out the EagleTac Primary CR123A battery and put back the AW RCR123 in, now I get low, high, high, low, high, high, blinky modes.

I guess something just burnt inside my D25C. :ohgeez: this unit is going back for now... :shrug:

Last edited:

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
Where does it say you can run the d25c on RCRs? I see cr123s only and an operating voltage max of 3.2v

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
That sucks. I hate when manufacturers get their info all twisted

Status
Not open for further replies.