Eagletac now with XHP35 HD, XHP35 HI, and Nichia 219 C hi CRI

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first EagleTac the other day - MX25L2-C - thing feels very well made! I Had a Jetbeam M1X twisty switch prior to this light and hated it (would twist for low mode and somehow end up in programming mode which was annoying), but the system on EagleTac seems to work much better! Very impressed with the build quality of this new light and would definitely be a repeat customer in the future.

Eagletac MX25L2-c, Olight R50 Seeker, Fenix PD 35, Fenix TK11, Jetbeam M1X, Klarus XT11

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
So which is the better led the HD or the HI for max lumens and throw ? I like their s25l-r but I doubt I'd use the built in charger "good backup feature to have though", my DX30 gets stupid hot using it's charger. I just use the opus bt-3100 or my new "really like it" SV2 Rocket and I'm good to go :whistle:.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Likely the XHP35 HD would give you max lumens but floodier.
The XHP35 HI would give you max throw at the expense of a few lumens.

pjbrendel

Newly Enlightened
I am considering the TX or SX 30C2 since they have the Nichia 219 options.
I was wondering if the switches are electronic. I'm new to this but have read that electronic switches have a Parasitic drain which can cause batteries to go dead in less than a year. This is of concern since the light will be for my truck and I don't want to have that worry if I pick it up after a long time of no usage.
Thanks

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Seems the 219C is already available in the Titanium flavor of the D series, at this moment there is only one left, in the D25A model that pumps out more lumens with a 14500.
I passed on it, so whoever is quickest on the trigger gets to buy it from Illumination Gear.
FYI*Looks like the final days for the 13% discount (for in stock items) using their EagTac2016 code

Last edited:

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
I just received my tx30c2 with xhp35-hi emitter. I like it very much. Compared to my Klarus xt11gt with same emitter, the eagle tac is much shorter, and even the head is thinner. However the reflector on the Eagletac is a bit wider and much deeper than the klarus, which I like. The beam on the eagletac is much more focused with a smaller hotspot. I think the tx30c2 may be my new favorite edc

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

That's good to hear. I have a TX30C2 on order with Nichia 219c and am really excited about it.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my tx30c2 with xhp35-hi emitter. I like it very much. Compared to my Klarus xt11gt with same emitter, the eagle tac is much shorter, and even the head is thinner. However the reflector on the Eagletac is a bit wider and much deeper than the klarus, which I like. The beam on the eagletac is much more focused with a smaller hotspot. I think the tx30c2 may be my new favorite edc

Does this have a lock-out facility.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this have a lock-out facility.

Yes, I have a SX30C2 with XP-L HI neutral white and it can lock out mechanically. The threads are anodized. I don't think there is an electronic lock out, but I could be wrong on that. The TX30C2 is the same with a smaller head.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A triple drop-in would be nice :)

Looks like they already have their two mode Sportac drop-in available with the 219C. It doesn't look like output is any better than the 219B. But it should be nice if you like the 4000K tint.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
was one of the other long ET threads ET saying the G25C2 MkIII drops over the next month I cant wait. Have 4 G25C2 MkII's..