EDI-T dive light

sathan

Newly Enlightened
Hi there I heard that there is a [FONT=&quot]Seoul P7 de 900 lumens version with about two hours of runtime at 100%. do you have an idea where can i buy this torch???

Thanks ;)
[/FONT]

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
Just received a SSC P7 light to test.
A few issues have been pointed out, and the factory have promised these will be looked at.
Current issues with the P7 light:
Led Emmitter is not centered with the reflector.
Light output and throw could be better - a tighter beam with the new reflector should fix this.

Apart from this, the light looks good. Still has the 5 mode magnetic selector ring.:)

I can get these for about US$90 + shipping.

I have asked if they are looking at getting a Phatlight SST-90 into one of their lights. They are keen, but have a minimum run of 300 units:(
I might just try and let them know they would be the first, and be a market leader etc...etc.,and wait for them to undertake the R&D with their own money.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
P7's require 2.8amps to run at full output. If you are lucky enough to get a 900 lumen one ( And I doubt you will) then you will require 2 x 2800mah cells ( at least)to get 2 hours at full output.

I produce some modified lights that use MC-E's or P7's with 2 x 2500mah cells and I get 1.5 hours at full output. ( and I doubt that is 900 lumen even though the LEDs I use are rated at that).

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
They are using 2 x 18650's in parallel. I have not been able to run this light yet (waiting for cells to charge), but would expect 60-90 minute runtime at full.

gav6280

Enlightened
Very intrested in the higher power version, if it turns out to actually be that good i think you may end up with a seizable order for all of us cpf nuts.

Even if it only has a 1.5 hour run time, i would still like one, will just have 2 or 3 sets of cells.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it interesting that they show an aspheric lens with the convex dome being exposed to the water.
How can that work?

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
I find it interesting that they show an aspheric lens with the convex dome being exposed to the water.
How can that work?

The two models I have received both have flat lenses, and there has been no mention of aspheric lens version available as samples. I assume this means that is does not actually work :shakehead

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
The P7 version is a work in progress. The manafacturer is replacing the reflector with an aluminium one (instead of plastic), and ensuring that the emitters are perfectly centered.
From my initial testing the light does the job. Output wise, it is not up there with the Barbolight U15, but is also a fraction of the cost. Hopefully the next version with the new reflectors will remedy the light output issue.
I am now eagerly awaiting confirmation of when the next version will be shipped to me.

gav6280

Enlightened
The P7 version is a work in progress. The manafacturer is replacing the reflector with an aluminium one (instead of plastic), and ensuring that the emitters are perfectly centered.
From my initial testing the light does the job. Output wise, it is not up there with the Barbolight U15, but is also a fraction of the cost. Hopefully the next version with the new reflectors will remedy the light output issue.
I am now eagerly awaiting confirmation of when the next version will be shipped to me.

Thanks, be sure to keep us updated.

busylifemeto

Newly Enlightened
Yes you are right, these EDI-T light were bought from Oxycheq in the USA also buy AQUASUN in the UK and myself, Abyss in Australia. Thet do not deliver the light output claimed, the 700 Lumens uses the CREE XRE Q5 with a 1 degree refrector and they all LEAK like Tea Bags. Oxycheq has 1500 of them and the owner of EDI-T Billy Wang refuses to warrant then as he does with Martin from the UK. Mine all leaked a 30 meters under pressure test.

busylifemeto

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure where you can pick these up in the US, but I will be getting a few more samples in , so can up the order if you are interested.
The cost will change with the rise and fall of the exchange rate, but for CPF members, I will say US$70 + $10 postage.
Hi, Just a helpful caution, Oxycheq in the USA has 1500 of these all leaking and intermittant, I have 50 (Australia) and I am repairing another 40 from the latest batch supplied to AQUASUN is the UK (a friend). Overall design for Dive light to keep the water out is useless, he uses flat washers in the front and an acrylic lens with a 1mm flange thats supposed to hold 10 Bar, my tests had them all leak at 30 meters, sorry guys.

busylifemeto

Newly Enlightened
Hi, no the aspheric does not work and the 1,000's he made had a 1mm flange that cracked at 50 meters. They all leak like tea bags and are electrically intermittant. I know I was the Australian Agent. Oxycheq in the USA has 1500 faulty he refuses to warrant and Aquasun in the UK the same type deal. Hate to see more people buy this inferior item.

spearsniper

Newly Enlightened
Hi, no the aspheric does not work and the 1,000's he made had a 1mm flange that cracked at 50 meters. They all leak like tea bags and are electrically intermittant. I know I was the Australian Agent. Oxycheq in the USA has 1500 faulty he refuses to warrant and Aquasun in the UK the same type deal. Hate to see more people buy this inferior item.

Hmmm. I think there may be something in this. Recently got a P7 model, that was effectively DOA. Never had a chance to hit the water. Still waiting to get a replacement :scowl:

burna

Newly Enlightened

I know I'm waking up an old thread, but these torches are still for sale an people could still be burned.

I bought one from a seller on ebay earlier this year who is still selling them and I can confirm they are rubbish.

Mine has a convex lens which gives a nice tight strong beam above water and a weak flood underwater. It has no penetration unless the water is crystal clear.

It has been relegated to a backup torch but I noticed heat cracking on the inside of the lens.

Does anyone know if the lens can be removed? I'd like to get rid of the convex lens and replace it with flat perspex, maybe that might improve the beam underwater.

ShitTorch.JPG

busylifemeto

Newly Enlightened
The aspheric lens cannot be replaced in EDI-T lights because the lens does the focus. There is no room for a Lens at all, about 10mm space. The lens has a 1mm flange the cracks and allows the light to leak. The aspheric lens creats a flood beam of 40 degrees under water. The funny part is the owner of EDIT is a Professor.....associate professor which means he probably saved the Deans son from falling in the fairy floss machine and he got dished out this as reward. Prior he was a cleaner in the photometric lab.

ar5000

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the converted camp - I used to lug a UK1200 around, but have since picked up a nice little EDI-T torch (same company that makes those shake lights).
It puts out more light, has the option of 5 modes that are selectable from a collar around the barrel, and will fit in a BC pocket. This one puts out 250lm, but they have a slightly bigger version that does 700lm - still on a single 18650 battery.

EDI-T_D2.jpg

I purchased a dive light made by EDI-T from e-bay. It flooded on me during the first dive. The e-bay seller won't respond to my inquiries, and I can't find any contact info for EDI-T. Do you have any contact info there you can send me? I'd just like some way to replace the o-rings, electronics, or whatever else it takes to make this light function again.
Thanks!!!

Latest posts