• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Elephant II Quad P7 3200-3600 Lumens!

shomie911

Enlightened
I plan on making a quick video comparison soon using brother's digicam and posting on YouTube. On a different note, I just took this over to show my Dad. His comments were along the lines of, "It looks like daytime in the middle of the night!!" But the real surprise came when I told him how much it cost. :drool: I made him swear not to tell Mom, cause that's where the real bad-mouthing comes from :crackup:

This is gonna be my bedside 'bump-in-the-night' light BTW.

Normally I don't consider flashlights as good defensive weapons, but in this case, I think I'd have to say it would be quite effective. :D

3200+ lumens --> :mecry: --> :poof:

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
Normally I don't consider flashlights as good defensive weapons, but in this case, I think I'd have to say it would be quite effective. :D

3200+ lumens --> :mecry: --> :poof:

Defense is one of the primary reasons I got into REALLY bright lights. I live in a bad neighborhood. When I go outside to investigate why my dog is going crazy and shine a spotlight on some homeless person or gang member skulking around, they cannot look into the light. The ones that are on drugs, which are really the most dangerous ones to deal with, often have dilated pupils which makes the bright light extremely painful to look at. It is really difficult to attack someone or even think about attacking them when you are in pain and cannot look directly at the person you are to attack. The homeless people just move away slowly with their hands over their eyes, and the young ones usually just take off running when the light comes on because they think it is the police. In the event they do not take off running, the light lets me clearly identify targets and actions that may or may not justify use of force. In any event, I often have to have police come to clear the property, and my lights are usually far superior to theirs in throw and side spill, both of which are really critical. I wish our city fathers would spring for better lights for our police force. Their lives depend on it.

I also use these lights when tracking wounded game at night and when you are in bear/mt. lion country, one of these lights would be a real comfort and potentially a life saver there as well.

Beside being real works of art and being technically intriguing, one of the main things that justify the expense of lights like these for me is that they really could save my life or the lives of others in certain circumstances.
(Plus I really like them, but don't tell my wife that.)

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
brighterisbetter, any chance of a shot comparing this beast to your M6R?
Sadly no, I sold that on Marketplace a few weeks ago. However, I'd venture to say that 1200 vs. 3600 lumens is no comparison. Anyone want to chime in here? As a matter of fact, I don't even have any incans left to test against, though I've got an M3 coming on UPS shortly.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
How stable is the output? Does it drop quickly due to heat buildup?

After 15 minutes on high (2.8a) the heatsink measured around 125f. After 15 minutes the heatsink stablized at around 130f. I had all the number on a piece of paper that got tossed out :(

Mac

Leef

Enlightened
Mac, it's not clear to me after reading thru this thread if one of these lights is available. If so, I'll take it/one. Lemme know!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Full Blast :rock::poof:
2960407086_a0c051d766.jpg

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, it's not clear to me after reading thru this thread if one of these lights is available. If so, I'll take it/one. Lemme know!

These units are sold but I do have parts to build 7 more. I'm just waiting on driver boards.

Mac

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
These units are sold but I do have parts to build 7 more. I'm just waiting on driver boards.

Mac
I will take one per our email discussion. ELE II & Turbo head shipped to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

cl0123

Enlightened
All I am seeing is an over-exposed ceiling fan light?

So you need an elephant to illuminate a living room? What kind of CPF joke is that?

:faint: :nana:

With Aloha,

Clarence

Full Blast :rock::poof:
2960407086_a0c051d766.jpg

Very very very impressive, indeed! Congratulations and it looks like you are already enjoying every photon of it.
:thumbsup:

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
Mac, I don't want to insult anyone but if you ever decide to do a poor mans' version (maybe closer to $200.00), I'd be interested. Amazing light but I can't afford anything as nice as the two in this thread.

Randy

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, I don't want to insult anyone but if you ever decide to do a poor mans' version (maybe closer to $200.00), I'd be interested. Amazing light but I can't afford anything as nice as the two in this thread.

Randy
The parts alone cost more than $400...not sure how he could offer something like this at $200??

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Host $190 + $190
Heatsink $100
LED's 4 x $25
Reflectors $18 x 4
Driver $20

Thats alot more than $400 :)

Mac

That's what I figured too, and am still wondering how you can offer them for such a great price and impeccable build quality. Almost doesn't make sense to build it yourself except for the satisfaction.

I'm sure the remaining 7 lights will be soon spoken for.