Emisar D4 / Andruril muggle mode

Brutus

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I got a Emisar D4 that a colleague used last week (grabbed the light, activated turbo mode, complained about heat).

I want to enable muggle mode when needed, but for some reason, I can't get it working.

I found this:

4R1mNhT.png

From what it looks like, the light should be off, i short press it 6 times, then it should be in that mode. But it's not. It then flashes 4 times and locks out the light. Pressing again 6 times doesn't do anything. A quarter turn on / off on the body does the trick to get back in, but even then, i can't access the mode.

The button feels snappy, I tested it at least 20 times on 2 lights. Can't get it working.

From what I understand, double pressing on muggle mode shouldn't work. It keeps doing that though.

Just checked, click, click, hold to go to strobe mode also doesn't work.

pc_light

Enlightened
Anduril (1) should only flash 1 time (not 4 times) when switching between Muggle and Advance. And even if it's being "locked-out" (4 clicks) instead, it would only flash 2 times. So it sounds very much like something's amiss.

I would recommend a "factory reset" which is probably the easiest/first troubleshooting step one can take. Then try again afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------
To do a factory reset. The process for this is:

- Loosen tailcap
- Hold button
- Tighten tailcap
- Keep holding button for about 4s

The light should flicker while getting brighter, then briefly burst to
full power. Hold until it reaches full power to do a reset, or let go
of the button early to abort.
-------------------------------------------------

3_gun

Enlightened
Some of the lights use a modified UI. 4 clicks would be "Tactical" from off

Attachments

• UI .png
    UI .png
    235.1 KB · Views: 103

Brutus

Newly Enlightened
Some of the lights use a modified UI. 4 clicks would be "Tactical" from off
That might be it. That's too bad, I hoped I had all the features. 8 clicks beacon works, but that's not on the other menu. So it might mean I don't even have muggle mode. Too bad. Well, another reason to buy the newer version of the light.

Thanks for the help all.