Eneloop Purchasing

tripplec

Enlightened
I know its a long time and warnings about non Japan made Eneloop were to be avoided. I have some white 1900mAH and 4 Eneloop Pro's as well as 4 Duracell 2500 mAH. Most seem to be working fine. Some start charging with high megaohm reading but drop over the charging process.
I likely in the need for one or two more 4 packs. I looked on Amazon Canada and prices are quite high now. I know there are scalpers on that site extorting buyers. Packs from $32 to $50 exist and a lot more than I paid long ago. Can't be and excuse because of COVID everyone seems to reference.

I am not sure anymore what to look for nor if any of the others are any good for the longer term. LADDA 1000 are crap, not recommended at all. I tried some, ok for lighting candle etc nothing important.

I try to buy from good sources but being in Canada some location shipping kills any savings. A lot of Amazon stuff is covered in shipping or included with my account as free. But stuff they list varies a lot. I don't believe the extra 500mAH of the Pro versions are worth the cost anymore either. So the white one and why some are 2000mAH and not 1900mAH is a mystery.

Thanks to all who respond. I power them with a MIBOXER C4-12 charger FYI.

tripplec

Enlightened
EBL 2500's are very reasonable. Based on the review/test of their 2800mAH cell and oem spec's. The 2500 have a much longer charge cycle life than the 2800mAH do. That already well above my white Eneloop AA cells on hand.

I order an 8 pack of them on Amazon which is less than any 4 pack of Eneloop AA's at lower capacity. I don't see where I'd be going wrong nor disappointed as this application is in a two way transceiver using all 8 cells.

Macgravy

Newly Enlightened
First...what are Ladda's 1000's....I'm only fimilar with Ladda 750, 1900, 2450, which are the capacity numbers. I don't remember 1000's..unless those are the ones from China.

I see nothing wrong with the Ladda's. I have been using the old white Ladda's...the 2450 and the 900's?? for like 5 years now...and they are 100% the real thing.

I am currently testing the newer grey 2450's and they are testing out as the same or even better than the old white 2450's.

I haven't started any tests on the 750's or 1900's...If I live long enough, I will get around to it.

There use to be 900 mAh Fujitsu's on Amazon for like 2$ each in packs of 20..., but last month they shot straight up to 60+$ for 20 pack.

tripplec

Enlightened
First...what are Ladda's 1000's....I'm only fimilar with Ladda 750, 1900, 2450, which are the capacity numbers. I don't remember 1000's..unless those are the ones from China.

I see nothing wrong with the Ladda's. I have been using the old white Ladda's...the 2450 and the 900's?? for like 5 years now...and they are 100% the real thing.

I am currently testing the newer grey 2450's and they are testing out as the same or even better than the old white 2450's.

I haven't started any tests on the 750's or 1900's...If I live long enough, I will get around to it.

There use to be 900 mAh Fujitsu's on Amazon for like 2$ each in packs of 20..., but last month they shot straight up to 60+$ for 20 pack.
The AA Cell is labeled LADDA w/1000 printed under it.
The spec line says"AA HR6 1.2V 1000mAh" Tan coloured cell sold in Toronto Canada and made in Japan 3 or 4 years ago at least. I have AAA equivalents from the same time.

tripplec

Enlightened
First test impression after and during charging the EBL are not very good. I detail in the link earlier where the 2800mAh were tested. I'll have to cycle them at least once to see again.

tripplec

Enlightened
I ran these EBL's 2500's down in my Quark Pro light which is a pretty deep discharge. Charging all back up put them in the 19xxmAh capacity area even though a few cracked 2000mAh were likely lower discharged. You wouldn't be able to draw near that in a functional device with the end voltage. Advertised as 2500mAh batteries but realistically to my test is nowhere near that. OEM claims they are and conform to industry standards in rating them. Hmmm Don't expect it at all.