Energizer "stranger things" flashlight

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at walmart yesterday and I checked out the ever shrinking flashlight section and on the end of it there was a ribbed retro looking flashlight (I think all steel) and a few had batteries in them, so I tried one out.

It has an artifact free beam with a hotspot between medium and small (closer to medium) and a color temp that seemed white, but not bluish white. It was LED and was a 150 lumens with a battery life of 80 hours off of 2 D alkaline cells which came with it. I didn't see any price, but I done some reading and amazon also carries them and some websites charge $19 something, but unless I read it wrong amazon only charges $3 something--mostly damaged boxes. It is mostly a gimmick light based off of a tv program--stranger things, but what do yall think about it?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Got two of them. There all aluminum and are a damn good light for the money.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Thanks for replying. I figured they might be good even though the lumens were kinda low, but 150 lumens is still significent to me even though I have a convoy c8. I rarely use it on its highest setting. My eo1 2.0 gets the most use on its lowest setting.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya there a retro version of a late 80's Energizer light And they come with batteries so the price is not bad at all. My kids love them.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it also has an electronic switch. I like the reflector also. Too bad Tony (mag) didn't think of that.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't bought one yet. I did a cpf search and didn't see anything--maybe I worded it wrong. Thank you for the link.