Energizer Ultimate Lithium Replacement

Bullyson

Enlightened
What's the best rechargeable replacement for these to use in a Blink security camera system? I've bought EBL and Deleepow from Amazon but they do not last even though the stated capacity is higher than the Energizer. They also show the battery needs to be replaced warning even though they're fully charged.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious, but does it need to work outside in cold temps? If they recommend (?) L91/92, temp might be a factor in that. Don't know. I just recall some cold nites when I lived in Morehead!

Bullyson

Enlightened
Just curious, but does it need to work outside in cold temps? If they recommend (?) L91/92, temp might be a factor in that. Don't know. I just recall some cold nites when I lived in Morehead!
Yes, they're inside and outside. The rechargeables I've been using do not perform well no matter the temp.

hamhanded

Enlightened
Blink cameras are highly voltage sensitive and I don't know of anything that has the same voltage characteristics as lithium primary AAs.

NiOOH

Enlightened
For voltage sensitive applications, the new Li Ion-based 1.5 V AAs may work best. They keep flat, regulated1.5 V throughout their discharge. The disadvantage is that this tricks the battery level meters in the devices that show 100% until they just stop working. AFAIK, some later models step down to 1.1 V when nearly empty, just to avoid that.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
NiZn rechargeables have an open circuit of 1.85V fully charged, and 1.65V nominal voltage, but they're only worth a mention not a recommendation, as most report they are not very durable. I think many would feel lucky to get 50 recharges out of NiZn cells before they no longer held capacity. Maybe something has changed in recent years, but last I knew they still weren't getting good reviews, but, again, just worth a mention for posterity if nothing else.

turbodog

Flashaholic
What's the best rechargeable replacement for these to use in a Blink security camera system? I've bought EBL and Deleepow from Amazon but they do not last even though the stated capacity is higher than the Energizer. They also show the battery needs to be replaced warning even though they're fully charged.

Bite the bullet and replace with hardwired cameras. MUCH less hassle/cost in the long run. Image quality is typically FAR better as well.

And heads up, a quick glance says these have a mic. This could run you afoul of federal wiretap statues. Yes, it's a thing.

Or add this optional module:

1685332465002.png