Enloops featuring colors?

Belker

Newly Enlightened
McAllan, radio controlled car/truck/plane people often wrap their own cells and packs. While most of the available shrinkwrap would be too large for AA cells the smaller stuff can still be found. I did a quick search and came up with this link - http://www.all-battery.com/pvcshrinkwrap.aspx

McAllan

Enlightened
McAllan, radio controlled car/truck/plane people often wrap their own cells and packs. While most of the available shrinkwrap would be too large for AA cells the smaller stuff can still be found. I did a quick search and came up with this link - http://www.all-battery.com/pvcshrinkwrap.aspx

Thanks a lot for the idea! That widens my search quite a bit.
Lets see if I order from there or somewhere locally as shipping, duty and especially tax/duty-fee to the carrier can be quite considerable.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I am not sure if they will ever be easily available unless you live in Japan.

The Eneloop 'tones' are a limited edition Japan only release to celebrate some huge quantity of Eneloops sold worldwide. (100 million or so I believe).

For some enthusiasts/flashaholics the price is well worth it:twothumbs

They are in EU now, I got them from here.

DSC_0910.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0914.jpg

Bones

Enlightened
They are in EU now, I got them from here.

DSC_0910.jpg

Nice 'n fresh too.

Incidentally, it would be interesting to know their present capacity based on a 0.2C discharge down to 1.0 volts. Since they are so fresh, it should be fairly indicative of the amount of charge they're shipped with.

Ohmic

Newly Enlightened
Mine have arrived this week. I simply ordered a whole box.

After discharging 8 of them through the Maha C9000, they yielded approx 1700mAh capacity discharged. Very fresh. (This was at 0.5C discharge rate).

phplbUhjqPM.jpg

Ohmic

Newly Enlightened
Alright, I've never been real good at geography, but I'm fairly sure Australia is not in the EU. Can you share where you got them from?

I got them from a guy who lives in Japan, He purchased them from a Japanese store and then sent them to me. He's a friend of a friend of mine.

For me, these still work out cheaper than buying eneloops here off the shelves in Australia.

BTW, the battery packaging is not shrink wrapped or sealed in that way, it merely has a tape band that wraps around the packet and must be peeled off to allow the packet to slide open.

They are a very nice looking battery and are the newest manufacture I have seen (December, 2009).

kslays

Newly Enlightened
So it's frustrating the new "3UTGA" Eneloop batteries with 1500 charge cycles (white or tones) can't be purchased in the US yet, but they are for sale overseas. I think someone said Amazon.jp wouldn't ship to the US, but what about the UK, Germany, or France?

I'm surprised someone hasn't bought a big box and re-sold them on Ebay yet!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ELMS5C/
http://www.amazon.de/s/url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=3UTGA
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B003ELMS5C/

P.S. I've seen a lot of analysis here on self-discharge rate and capacity, but very little on calendar lifetime and cycle lifetime. For example, how does an eneloop compare against a maha imedion or a non-LSD sanyo after 1000 cycles, or after 2 years? How much energy will the old batteries hold after being recharged?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks pretty cool with all those different colors in the big TK40 battery carrier. :)

HKJ

Flashaholic
Nice 'n fresh too.

Incidentally, it would be interesting to know their present capacity based on a 0.2C discharge down to 1.0 volts. Since they are so fresh, it should be fairly indicative of the amount of charge they're shipped with.

I have done two discharge test in my Maha battery analyzer, each with 4 batteries:

At 200mA (0.1C): 1509 mAh, 1519 mAh, 1502 mAh, 1514 mAh
At 400mA (0.2C): 1496 mAh, 1498 mAh, 1490 mAh, 1483 mAh

Remember this is the precharged capacity, not the full capacity.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Hmm.... Now if they'd making those cells in matt-black with shiny black printing i could be persuaded to get a set...... Untill then the whities will do just fine.

MarioJP

Enlightened
I know is not much, but I just hope it won't go any lower. It just feels that these cells do not have a lot of run time anymore.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I know is not much, but I just hope it won't go any lower. It just feels that these cells do not have a lot of run time anymore.

In real use they often has more run time than 2700 mAh cells, but that depends on how much you use the light.
If you can run the cells down more than once a week, stay with high capacity cells, but if you only recharge the cells once a month or less, it is a good idea to use Eneloop (or other low discharge cell).

MarioJP

Enlightened
In my case I use these cells in a single day when I need them. I use these cells in my portable usb charger to charge my phone. It can almost fully charge my phone on a single charge.

2000mAh isn't enough. Only reason I use these cells is how durable these eneloops are.

aurum

Enlightened
So it's frustrating the new "3UTGA" Eneloop batteries with 1500 charge cycles (white or tones) can't be purchased in the US yet, but they are for sale overseas. I think someone said Amazon.jp wouldn't ship to the US, but what about the UK, Germany, or France?

I'm surprised someone hasn't bought a big box and re-sold them on Ebay yet!

They are not sold on Ebay because shipping is very expensive ... You would have to pay 6€ for A a single kit (8 enelopps) shipped international, 12€ for 3 kits and 24€ for 7 kits
smilie_icq_47.gif
1 kit = 8 eneloops is 21€ + handling 6 €, would be 21+6+6=33€ shipping included .... Nobody is willing to pay that much.

cheers

mfm

Enlightened
whoah! did it say 1900mAh??

It says minimum 1900 mAh, it's not like 2700 is the minimum on the higher capacity cells. Seems like you should have bought a Li-ion powered mobile booster anyway.

They are not sold on Ebay because shipping is very expensive ...
cheers
It's not expensiver to ship HR-3UTGA than any other batteries.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I recently bought 16 eneloops, only 2 had a capacity of lower than 2000mAh (measured on my Lacrosse RS900 at max current).... I guess i got a good batch!

Latest posts