EV fires

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not that kind. This week is's Electric Vacuums. It's hard to keep it all straight. The vehicles are freezing up, but the vacuums are catching fire; well, a half dozen or so anyway. Three guesses where they're made...;-)

iacchus

Enlightened
I've started to make a concerted effort to run all the cordless houshold stuff I can off of Makita's battery platform. I have plenty of them, and they make quite a bit of that sort of thing anyway.
I prefer their batteries because the bms in the battery itself, so I feel safer when using an adapter and some other companies' tool or appliance.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told by a dewalt sales rep, that battery bms does not really shut off the battery if it is low, the way it works, it tells the tool that voltage is low, and the tool stops drawing power, when you use aftermarket adapter that can not communicate with a tool, (they only have 2 pins, sometimes 3, but never 4 like oem tool) the battery will not cut off when discharged too low. However i use adapters, and i can tell the battery is low, when the tool is not performing, but if it is a tool that you leave running unattended, like a fan for example, it might damage the battery, probably not vent out but discharge beyond recovery

Last edited: