ever think of takeing ya own life

junior

Enlightened
You see raggie, all these people here love you and all have great suggestions for help.

You cant leave us!

14C

Enlightened
raggie, if you were to take your life you might stop your pain but you would certainly start the pain for others.

Thinking about it is a normal human thing. Everyone does at one point or another whether as a flight of fancy or as a means to escape from pain.

Actually doing it is an irrevocable act that has consequences that go far beyond the individual and extend to friends, family and acquaintances and even farther and I'm not even talking about spirituality but yes that is also in the mix.

You don't know me and I don't know you to be honest.

But I read all of your posts. I can't say why, I just do.

I know that might not mean much to you at the moment.

I just wanted to say it's good to have you here.

Muppet

Newly Enlightened
You've been happy in the past.

You will be happy in the future.

Make sure you get there.

rdshores

Enlightened
Maybe being dead is worse than being alive and going through what you are going though now....why take the chance?

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Hang in there Edd, these feelings won't last.

It's been rough for you lately, but you've made it this far. Get back on your meds, talk your way through it, we're here for you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hey, Raggie.

Just look at all the support and response to this post...

Think of the recent disaster in SE Asia, and now we are all here breathing, enjoying ourselves in each other companies, then we should all know that we are truly blessed in a way, and should learn to cherish our lives and each other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

From reading the posts, I do understand and sympathize what you are going thru--but what past has pasted, and there is nothing we could really do to change that--

But we do and can change the course of the future.

And I do believe, as Charlie had said, live your life to your fullest is probably what your mom would like to see and make her pround too.

Take good care!

Santelmo

Enlightened
YES, ONCE IN A WHILE ACTUALLY. . . life is indeed pointless as times, but these things hold me back -

1) I try to look forward to teaching my nephew martial arts when he grows up
2) my helping my grandma going down the stairs when she needs my arm
3)the fact that I can still enjoy a nice life when in Africa and the rest of SE Asia, everything is a whole lot tougher
4)visiting my old professor once in a while to keep him company since he doesn't have anyone living with him anymore

and a couple of other things as well. . . but it all boils down to this: life wont be so dull if you live life for others because in doing so, you find meaning in yours.

(I sincerely hope YOU DONT take your life and try to seek help as what the others suggested)

Santelmo

Enlightened
Oh, #5 would be cheering a fellow forumite out if he should need it. . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

See? Life would only matter if you would go on living, both in the good as well as in the bad. . .

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thought has corssed my mind more times than I can count. Things usually turn around at the last minute and I put it off. Later on in my height of pain I was on 13 different pain killers. Man, I relived dreams from past lives where i died. Not a fun thing, then of course you came right back a few years later.

My brother who has serious mental problems did it three times. He tried over doseing on food for a lack of a better term, and other physical activities for lack of better words. Each time he survivied, ended up in a mental hospital, jouvernal detension then was released. THe third time he was put into a half way home and had to have my parents take him other wise he would be sent to jail as failing to kill yourself in VA is a feleony. Hes messwed up his body from the stuff he has done.

My best advice besides above from others would be to try meditation to see what messages are being sent tha tyou cant receive. Maybe you will get to meet some aliens?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Rags!!

I went to a seminar once with a very well known motivational speaker.

He said, "Most people go thru life with about 2 dozen people who really, actually, care about them. Most of those people are family members!"

It looks to me that you are WAY over your quota! Many people who have never met you face to face are willing to do whatever it takes to get you back on track! I can't imagine anything more inspiring than that!

Though some will argue about faith, true Christians believe that helping others is the most important thing in life. It looks to me like you have lots of people who care deeply for you with that attitude. You have more to live for than just yourself, you have all of those people also.

We want you healthy and back to being Raggie, please do whatever it takes to do so!!! If you need our help, please tell us how!!!

Besides that, if you're not around, how will we all feel good about ourselves without your crazy ostrich posts?

Bill

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attempted murder is a felony, no matter who you were trying to kill.
It does make sense.
I never thought of it that way before myself, until now.

Raggie, I don't care if you have to steal the meds to save yourself.
There may be a life at stake.
What are they going to do, kill you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
Get those meds anyway you can.
Do this for your Mother.
She's not ready for you to join her.

Much of the earth's crust is aluminum.
The same stuff your Lionheart and many of our flashlights are made out of---dirt.
Your life is another matter.
Put on the brass knuckles and fight for yourself.

BTW;
Sasha's suggestion earlier made perfect sense though.
Go for it.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're not very religious as I am not or more accurately very agnostic as I don't rule out anything, then what can keep you going is the very possible fact that when you die, indeed nothing at all happens other then your life, your existance, is completely over. Also little things can give you greater appreciation of life. Like yesterday I was talking with a late 50s year old Vietnamese co-worker and he was relating the horrors of his former country during wartime and how he has had people die in his arms and yet he is very humble and only wants to help people as that gives him the greatest satisfaction.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I considering doing the above friday afternoon. I am starting a new job monday and ended one friday. I had hoped the boss would come back to the table and hire me out right from the program or co op with vcu. He just thanked me and left my desk. Less than a minute, yet he took the time to pull up a chair and sit down and cross his legs.

I wasnt too fond of that job, but it was rather easy to do even when yo uare sick or not feeling well. Anyway, about 930 later that afternoon after i got home, ate worked out, surfed the net I found i had a message on my machine. I swear it wasnt on there earlier and I had no idea who would call me. THe van service called telling me they are not running monday since its a holiday. Just great, my second real job I got on my own with benefits thats part time and leave me 200 bucks short a month and I wasnt able to attend the first day. Just great. I started to look for numbers of friends and others who help me and discovered most were state employees and they are likely to be closed too monday. I had considered the van services that would of been expensive, then I remember the conversation how they only work 9-5 and week days only. I called a friend and left a message and a counsclor. I bought a lottery ticket and thought it would be nice to win even a fraction of the grand prize and that I was in it deep enough to do so. No luck. Ive always wondered why others can do things seemlessly while I tend to get crapped on.

Well, had a dream where I tried to talk to my dead uncle, he was busy but was going to send someone to help me out. About noon saturday I got a call from my friend offering to give me a lift with my folding wheelchair to work and back since i worked about the same hours he did. No sooner I hung up the counsclor called and said she came in to catch up on some work and ckecked her voice mail which she normally does not do. She too offered me a lift in a relatives car as hers was in the shop.

Woohoo, finally something went right for me for a change. Good thing I didnt blow my brains out 14 hours earlier.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cobb i hope ya are feeling better.o everyone im still here i forgot about this thread tilll now im fine even smiled a bit last few days.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, things went well today till I discovered teh company I work for is french owned. Worse of all the HQ is in Canada, UGH. Just kidding, they seem to have things on the right track.

My friend came through with his ride for me and offered to help me in the future and gave me his cell number to call. He was a great friend, we went to a few nascar races, then he distant himself from me. Not unusual for folks to do that, kind of bothers me.

Just feel a bit bad that i did not click a lady in who escourted me out of the building. See we use magic badges that open the doors and we are not allowed or supposed to click others in or out. I knew a guy who worked for walmart and let the thieft officer walk out the lawn and garden area with a bag. Next morning he was called in the office with the office and manager and told he had to quit or take a 3 day suspension. Yup, it was a trap. I hope that was not the case today, guess i will find out tomorrow?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I grew up in Richmond VA in the seventies cobb.

Raggie!!! welcome back!!

I have had several times when I just flat didn't care to go on, and just didn't want to stay.
Why the (censored) am I still here for?
But then, I remembered some things.
What have I not done yet?
Why not give it a go?
What are people going to do?
Kill me for trying something new?
Yeah, right.
I'm goin' for it!!

Keep your meds with you Raggie.
If you can't, there is at least one pharmacist only a pm away.
Your new ideas are always welcome here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif