• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Exotic Coating Service Update ===

ejot

Enlightened
guys, I finished the disassembly and machining of another batch of lights. I'm ~60% complete. I will post an update to the 1st thread upon arrival in Germany.

Currently I have not yet inspected the lights from the following.
Luxluthor, rudy m, donn w., jody f., evan h. tanasit, robb r, frank v, kevin c, alan e, michael t, txt101

Thanks for the update! :twothumbs It's a relief to see my name mentioned.

As others have echoed, thanks so much for undertaking this massive project. I also spend much time abroad, keeping busy with work, and fully understand the time commitment involved here -- I'm happy to wait patiently as long as I know the lights are in the right hands. :grin2:

Cheers,
Evan

supasizefries

Enlightened
Item 9020 - SST-50 EDC Al - CHROME finish

Sorry about that, my light was sent in by a fellow CPF'er. Wasn't sure if you got my instructions or not. Many :thanks:!

Edit: I've emailed you clearer instructions if you need them and to let you know who sent my light to you on my behalf. Thanks!

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
images uploaded, 2nd post updated, spreadsheet now sorted by members & clarified included.

If anything is incorrect please email me or make a new post here.
Please do not edit post earlier than this one. I use it as a marker and only read post from this point and newer.

wrxzzz: email me modamag_std [at] yahoo [dot] com
Phredd: I just want to confirm since this is the ONLY HA-black so far. I'll make it happen
stevevh: The polish is required if your light have sharp edges which might cause to the coating to flake although rare but I've seen it before.

Phredd

Enlightened
Phredd: I just want to confirm since this is the ONLY HA-black so far. I'll make it happen

I thought HA was more popular. Oh well, it's a tiny piece, so I could be patient waiting for you to fit in another batch. I appreciate that you're still willing to do mine even though it's the only one.

sfca

Enlightened
Hi,

What would you recommend for an LX2 stainless steel 2-way clip?
I want to make it stronger without making it brittle.

Any advice?:)

Of course I'll have to send it in the next time around.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought HA was more popular. Oh well, it's a tiny piece, so I could be patient waiting for you to fit in another batch. I appreciate that you're still willing to do mine even though it's the only one.

I have quite a few items that were going to be coated in HA black. Jonathan has not cataloged my items yet. Hopefully with my items, it will be enough.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
guys, I finished the disassembly and machining of another batch of lights. I'm ~60% complete. I will post an update to the 1st thread upon arrival in Germany.

Currently I have not yet inspected the lights from the following.
Luxluthor, rudy m, donn w., jody f., evan h. tanasit, robb r, frank v, kevin c, alan e, michael t, txt101

I may not have put my user name with the lights I guess. "kevin c" I will assume is me (2 x Solarforce L2s, black). My user name is Kevin1322. Thanks!

Rommul

Enlightened
I also have several items that are to be done in HA Black.

Jonathan items 9091:

The FM Deep Tailcap
The G&P Facecap
The Leef C-M adapter

are all to be done in "HA (Type III) - Deep Black".

All other items in my lot are to be done in "HA (Type III) - Gun Metal gray"

I only mention this because you have the 12ZM tailcap down as HA natural while the three complete lights I have are down as HA gray.

All the complete lights plus the 12 ZM tailcap are to be done in Gray

I have also decided to go with polishing for ALL items.

Thanks again man.

Dog Chaser

Enlightened
On the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay
Jonathan,

On 9010 TI-PD-S, I had included a bezel ring clip and screws. Will these go in the bath too? I'd like them to.

On 9010 EN Mule, I included the clip and screws. Will they get the orange as well? I think they should. Also, shouldn't this light get stripped prior to polishing?

Thanks. I had no idea how many people signed up for this. Best of luck.

Edit: Now that I think about it, please don't do the screws on either of these lights. Please go ahead and do the bezel ring and clips. Thanks.

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny that now I'm excited in anticipation of my stuff being added to the list haha. The coatings are just a bonus!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned my Haiku for 3 months and only had it in my possession for <1 month!!:whistle:

Yeah, I'm a little impatient, but I'd rather have good than fast!:twothumbs:

I've owned my LS20 for about a year and it spent months at AOTH "modeling" for holesters and has been at Jonathan's visiting now.

My Gotham I bought mid-November and I haven't even seen it yet. When I get it it may end up going off to Milky for emitter upgrade.

I am trying not to buy more lights - just do upgrades..., like Exotic Coatings - THANKS !!! :party: :party: :party:

wrxzzz

Newly Enlightened
Modamag,
I emailed you. Please let me know how to to go about sending my parts in. I don't want to hold up the process. I want HA black too so hopefully there will be enough for a run.

Tim W

Enlightened
My apologies to everyone if my previous post is overly bitchy. :duck:

I understand that when requesting custom work that there may and probably WILL be delays, but when people go out of their way to cause more delays it is a little ridiculous.

I guess I'm just frustrated that a couple of those delays were apparently caused by people shipping their items late and causing the original deadline to be extended, and now we have at least 2 more people wanting to send in stuff NOW.

Rant off,
Tim

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modamag,
I emailed you. Please let me know how to to go about sending my parts in. I don't want to hold up the process. I want HA black too so hopefully there will be enough for a run.

My apologies to everyone if my previous post is overly bitchy. :duck:

I understand that when requesting custom work that there may and probably WILL be delays, but when people go out of their way to cause more delays it is a little ridiculous.

I guess I'm just frustrated that a couple of those delays were apparently caused by people shipping their items late and causing the original deadline to be extended, and now we have at least 2 more people wanting to send in stuff NOW.

Rant off,
Tim
Yep, I think we are way past the deadline for sending stuff in...