Experience with Luminox watches?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Whenever taking a chance on a new product, especially one that seems to have gotten a few complaints, always pay with a credit card.

If it falls apart on you, and the company won't honor the warranty or gives you the runaround; just do a credit card charge-back.

stockae92

Enlightened
I think Ball's pricing is getting up there with Omega (pre co-axial movement) and Tag Heuer

they are very nice, great detail and finish. and i really like their design and construction.

for the price, i won't use them as my beater :p

Kiwi_sg

Newly Enlightened
I have had the Ball Night Train Fireman watch for a couple of months and really like it. Very bright! Too early to say how it stands up to wear and tear.

Survivor_One

Newly Enlightened
I have the luminox Seal Dive Series 2 (retails for 199). I got it for christmas in 2007. It has been extremely reliable, and has lasted well without getting any scratches on the crystal, and i'm pretty tough on my equipment.

Pros:
The tritium is very easy to read at night / dusk etc. I love the fact that i don't have to turn on a light to see if it is now legal time to hunt in the morning. (1/2 hr before sunrise).

Cons: the strap is made to be comfortable, but replaceable. I have worn through a few of these so far, and i might recommend one of the heavier bands like the rubber or steel bands.

Hope that helps in your descision!
--------------------------------------------------------
Leather working DIY Tips, Tricks etc. More being added daily!

brucec

Enlightened
I have an original Navy Seal dive watch from 1997 which I got during grad school. It's about at its 1/2 life now, but still going strong. I used it every day for about 4 years. It's my dive/swimming/water sports watch now. I've had other dive watches, but this one is comfortable to wear with or without a wetsuit and it's great for night diving, obviously. I've never had any problems with it and it still keeps good time. It's even been chewed up repeatedly by my dog when she was a puppy. Actually, I'm pretty impressed overall by how well it's held up.

You guys are too sensitive about the Navy Seal badging. It's tastefully done on this watch and is there to show the heritage of the watch, not proclaim its owner as a Navy Seal. I am also not a "Seamaster" nor am I a "Submariner", but wear those watches too without any pretense that I should actually be one to rightfully wear them. Ever driven a Wrangler, Cherokee, Ranger, etc? It's just a model name, guys.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
TKS Patriot. I'm not set up to post pics, but if you'll PM me an email address, I'll email you a pic and you can post it for me. Please.

Bruce, you're right about us being sensitive to the badges/labels. I know I have a real personal problem with the VietNam hero posers, so I guess that carries over.

brucec

Enlightened
TKS Patriot. I'm not set up to post pics, but if you'll PM me an email address, I'll email you a pic and you can post it for me. Please.

Bruce, you're right about us being sensitive to the badges/labels. I know I have a real personal problem with the VietNam hero posers, so I guess that carries over.

I completely understand that some subjects are obviously more sensitive. There is little chance anyone is going to name a watch or car "Optical Physicist", so I'm in the clear. Fortunately you haven't seen me wearing my C.I.A. t-shirt. ;) Which I bought as a joke...on myself, I guess...:thinking:

Latest posts